Chapter 5 part 2

GUESS WHAT?

Part 2 (;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5 part 2

Emmy felt a smile tugging on her lips. "That's not what I meant."

"What's your definition of a miracle?" His amused eyes made Emmy's stomach do somersaults.

"You know...turning water to wine," Emmy smiled. "And things like fixing a broken family."

Shawn chuckled. "Those are miracles, but you have to first appreciate the little miracles around you."

"Like what?" Emmy challenged, folding her arms. He better have a good list of small miracles. Shawn stopped, turning to look at her with those deep set eyes. He brought his thumb up to stroke Emmy's cheek. She felt blood pooling across her cheeks.

"You blushing is an example." He flashed her a crooked smile, that made her breath stop. He tugged my arm, "Come on we are going to be late to the pop tart festival."

Emmy groaned. "Are you serious?"

"Maybe."

After endless 'are we there yet' Shawn pulled me into a darkened street. It was the type of street you wouldn't want to be found after day light hours. Emmy turned to stare at the gangsters on the other side, who were just looking at them through calculating gazes.

"Shawn," Emmy whispered, pushing herself closer. "I'm scared."

Shawn wrapped his arm around her, "Dont worry those are friends of mine." He waved at the men, they nodded back at him.

Emmy was starting to wonder who Shawn was exactly. She stared at him, he seemed normal enough. His black hair, which she noticed was actually a dark brown fell into his eyes, those deep onyx eyes. She looked at his muscled arm, which was wrapped around her securely, it was the color of a perfect summer tan.

"When you are done with the analysis," he whispered into her ear. "May I get the results?" His voice vame out husky, sending a shiver of desire down Emmy's spine.

Before she could respond, Shawn slipped behind her, covering her eyes.

He pressed into her back making it hard for Emmy to remember how to breathe. Inhale, exale, inhale, exale, she kept reminding herself.

Her glasses were probably going to leave a mark on her face.

"You could've just taken my glasses off," she said as matter-of-factly. "It would definitely have blinded me."

She felt his chest rumble. "But this is more convenient," he said flirtily.

Whoa, was Shawn Davis flirting with me, she thought.

He uncovered her eyes, the flashing lights in front of her blinded her momentarily before her eyes focused. It was a carnival, there were rides, and stands with a bunch of games. Every stand had something in common, it was all pop tart themed, even the prizes were cute pop tart stuffed animals of different sizes and colors.

Emmy felt a smiled tugging on her lips, "I have never been to a carnival."

Shawn's jaw dropped, "Never?"

"Nope, never."

"Then m'am," he started walking towards the game stands. "Let the games begin."

***