Chapter 13

Hey guys I'm killing this story off. This is the last chapter and I know its abrupt but I need more time to rethink this story through and possibly post a second version up in a couple of months. Thank you all for your support and Im terribly sorry if this story was a waste of time for you guys. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13- Final Chapter

Emmy’s POV

She stared up at the ceiling with vacant eyes. Two months had passes since she was caught and there was still no sign of Shawn or Tyler. Emmy had already lost all home that she would be rescued; even the police were under Al’s control. The police visited this place often, whispering unintelligible things with Jux.

The only bright side of being stuck here is she had finally learned so much more about her brother than she had expected to have, and now she was beginning to wonder if she had ever even known Emile…

Emile hadn’t been the flirty, well behaved high school jock everyone had thought he was. Her brother had been a cold blood drug dealer. He had been such a strong addict that he owed Al over 500k.

Shawn on the other, his name erupted butterflies in her stomach everytime, was still a mystery. All she knew was that he had something to do with Emile’s death and for the sake of her sanity she didn’t want to know what he had done that night her brother had been killed.

~*~*~*~

Shawn’s POV

I couldn’t help but wince every time I passed by a missing poster that held Emmy’s innocent face. Her round blue eyes haunted me in every corner of the town. She would’ve been so happy, I thought bitterly. Her dad had moved in back with her mom finally. And they were getting along better, also joining each other in futile trips to the police station to see if they had any news on Emmy.

Of course they didn’t. They never had any news. Not with Al having the whole police department under his pocketbook.

The trip to the hospital today seemed to take longer, or maybe it was just the nerves I had at finally facing Tyler and watching his eyes look bitterly at me.

I smiled at the nurse in the entrance, turning down the hall towards Tyler’s room. I had been hear plenty of times once he had been admitted here. I just never had the courage to make it past the door, but today would be different.

The brass knob felt sticky as I turned it.

Tyler was sitting up, his hands gripping the sides of his cheeks tightly, leaving lines of red.

“Finally you come.” Tyler said in a raspy voice. His cool gaze sent a lump to my throat. We had been the best of friends once upon a time. “I was wondering if you gave a shit about Emmy at all.”

“I have the money,” I replied, looking out the hospital window.

“Oh goodie,” Tyler said sarcastically. “Now you can walk up and knock on Al’s huge door and he’ll give her back safe and sound.” He laughed. “Come on Shawn you aren’t that naïve.” His cheeks had turned a deep burgundy color.

“Do you really think they haven’t made her life hell these last two months?” Tyler whispered brokenly. “Do you ever think about how fucked up she’s going to be once you get her back? She hates you Shawn, just like she probably hates me.”

“I know I can’t ever make up for what they have done but don’t think I didn’t try to find her Tyler!” I slammed my fist down on his bed. “Do you think I would have wanted it this way? I fucken love her Tyler.”

“If you loved her you wouldn’t have been such a coward Shawn! You speak of love just like you did with my sister yet you did nothing to save her!” Tyler yelled.

Every bit of arguing I had in me died when I met Tyler’s grief stricken face. “I know I fucked up. But because I love her Im going to make it right.” I stood up from my kneeling stance and began making my way out.

“Shawn,” Tyler called after me as I turned the knob.

“Yeah?”

“I love her too.”

---------------------------------------------------

-

I will upload the epilogue tmrw ! Yes Iknow a terrible way to end the story but I just had to guys sorry :(