Chapter 8 part 2

Hehe new chapter as promised <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8 part 2

Emmy gasped, digging her nails into the seat, the flashing lights from the party inside flashed against the car. Their dancing colors flashed menacingly, making Emmy’s eyes defocus on Tyler.

“Shawn is a murderer.” Emmy said in a detached tone. Her body had gone cold, the shivers from earlier today returned, making it hard for her to concentrate. Shawn just couldn’t be a murderer, that tall, muscular boy Emmy had grown to car of just couldn’t be a killer. Every nerve inside her body rejected the thought of Shawn being a killer. It just couldn’t be possible. But it can, said a small voice inside her head. It would explain all his scars, and that time in the alley, where Emmy for the first time dared to talk to Shawn Davis. But weren’t murderers supposed to look chaotic and crazy?

“Yes,” Tyler replied, his hand reaching up to brush something wet from her cheek. She blinked in surprise but the moisture in her eyes wouldn’t go away. She took a shaky breath, letting out a high pitched giggle.

“I can’t believe it,” she looked at Tyler, who was staring warily down at her. “You don’t even know Shawn! You just moved! You’re the new guy!”

A small smirk spread across his lips, “I actually lived here all my life. It was only a year ago I moved away.” He hesitated, “but that’s another story.”

“Who did he kill?”

“It’s not in my place to say,” Tyler back away from the driveway. His gaze remained focus on the swerving road ahead.

“But it is in your place to call him a killer,” Emmy said sarcastically.

The car came to a halt. Emmy placed her arms out, smacking the dashboard with a force that made her palms burn.

“I’m just trying to give you some advice, stay away from Shawn Davis.” His lips smashed into a hard line, the crease between his eyebrows deepened when he met her gaze. She could see the fear and hate in his eyes and Emmy began to wonder what Shawn had done exactly to make him feel this way.

The ride home was silent, except for Emmy’s occasional directions. She stared outside. The sky looked a gloomy gray, there was sure to be a storm tomorrow. With every turn they took she reminded herself B was waiting for her, and waiting to hear the gushy gossip about her date. She would have to lie, and tell her how amazing Shawn had treated her.

Tyler pulled up slowly to her house, idling on the curb. “Look Emmy,” his mouth twisted. “I just want you to be safe. I don’t want you ending up like my best friend.” His eyes turned hard, the hurt he carried was obvious on his face.

“I’ll try not to,” Emmy whispered, pulling the car door open. She rushed to the front door not looking back at Tyler’s car.

The door to her house creaked, quietly she shut it slowly behind her. She glanced at the living room, the television was buzzed on, the screen frozen blue. Emmy grabbed the control, switching the tv off. For what seemed like the fiftieth time she pulled out the Disney movie Cars. Her small three year old brother was buried under a thousand pillows. She pulled him out softly cradling him against her chest. There was a dark red mark on his cheek, almost like a slap mark, and his hand clutched his Winnie the Pooh tightly. I’m sorry, Emmy thought as she carried her brother up the stairs. This isn’t a life I wanted you to have.

She trudged to his room, going rigid as she passed the room. She tucked her brother in, feeling her breath spike up as she shut the door behind her. She moved across the hall to stand outside the room that she hadn’t dared to enter since the beginnings of last year. But she needed to go in, to know that he had once existed.

I can’t do it, she thought. But her hand was already twisting the knob, as if it had a mind of its own. The door swung open and Emmy stepped in hesitantly. Nothing had changed, everything was the same way it had been before her brother had died. Her older brother, her other half, her twin.

It was funny to think back now and remember how much he had nagged that he was a whole two minutes older than her. His baseball caps still lined one side of his room, and the shelves were full of all the trophies he had gotten through sports. His bed was still standing there sloppily, like he had left it that morning he left the house to never come back.

Her heart hammered loudly against her ribs, as she made his way to his bed. Emile had changed so much as he and Emmy grew. They went from being joined at the hip to only seeing each other on Sunday family night. While Emmy grew to love academics, Emile had grown to love sports, and parties. Especially the parties, and at school although everyone knew they were twins they acted like complete strangers. The jock and nerd, how cliché they had been.

She knelt at the foot of his bed, the smell of his favorite apricot shampoo was tainted into the covers Emmy doubted she could ever had gotten it out. She saw a paper protruding sloppily out of the pillow, she slipped her hand in to get it.

The sobs broke out of her chest, Emile’s three year old face stared out at her, his aquamarine eyes had always been a prettier shade of blue than hers, and his dirty blonde hair a contrast to her golden locks. He had a chubby arm around a smiling little girl, whose braids were messily done.

“I remember this,” Emmy whispered. This had been taken at their joint birthday party in Big Bear, California because Emile had never seen snow before.

She couldn’t stop the trembling of her legs as she collapsed onto his bed, knowing that nothing she ever did could erase him out of her mind. They shared similar names and Emmy had been there that night, and had done nothing to save him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is a bit more of background info and the beginning into the plot :)

There will be alot MORE Tyler :D and Shawn -___-

After this chapter there is about 6 to 7 parts left O.O but each part is going to be very, very long.

I learned something new today ^.^ that wattpad has there annual Watty Awards and they open up in April. I would like to place this story in there but Im sure there is A LOT of competition. I doubt I'll make it to round 2 but they cant say I didnt try ;D

So please, please vote <3

and comment, because it makes me feel all giddy and tells me there is someone at least reading this story <3

So far this story's highest rank was Short story #100 so lets make it to 80 ;D

I have another story I am writing called "A world without music" so feel free to go to my profile and check it out ;D

I wont be able to upload for a week or more :/ but if I get 20 votes I will upload early!

Gawd, I keep rambling and rambling, lol, Im going to say bye before I keep typing away ;]

Have a super wonderful day you lovely readers <3