Chapter 28: Something Magical

Chihiro

Chihiro felt a great burden fall from her chest as they walked through the human side of the tunnel. The spirit world did something to her because of her just being a human. “So where to first?” Haku said to to her.

             “Um….Where do you want to go?” He put his hands around her waist and smiled at her.

             “Wherever you want to go. I’m yours.”

             “Well, okay then.”

They arrived outside of the school. Chihiro looked at it with a faraway look in her eyes. Her thoughts running all around. It was the first place she thought of to share with him. “So, what is this?”

             “This is the school I go to.” There was a silence. “I just wanted to share this place with you because this place holds all the bad and good things. I didn’t want to show you places where everything that happened was good. The human world isn’t like that. With the good you get the bad.”

             “So, you didn’t have many good experiences here then?” She was quiet for a moment, thinking back to the day in the hall where most of her drawings were ruined. She sighed.

             “Not really.” Haku looked at her and she looked at him. His eyes sad for her. “But I don’t want pity! I’ve earned my way through this world.” She shrugged. “I guess I have.” She then felt Haku’s presence closer and his arms wrapped around her. His embrace was warm and she put her head to his chest. She realized that neither of them were wearing exactly warm clothes. Both in t-shirts and pants. “Aren’t you cold?” He shrugged.

             “Not really.”

             “Alright let’s go see more things.” She said as she gripped his hand and dragged him behind her.

They went all over, Haku experiencing all sorts of different things. The funnest part was when they were on their way to the bookstore by her house it started to snow. Haku looked around in amazement at the little frozen water droplets. It was quite a scene.

             The last and most important stop was at 782 Ling Street. She opened the door to her house and the warmth enveloped them. Haku closed the door behind him and looked around, turning in circles. The house was dark, her parents still gone of the business trip. She turned on a couple of lights and turned to Haku. “This is my house.” Haku looked around in wonder. He picked up Chihio’s unused cell phone holding it up to the light. He turned it around in his hands. Then it slipped and hit the floor with a thud.

             “Oh my gosh, Chihiro!! I’m so sorry. I hope I didn’t break it. I really didn’t mean to.” She just laughed. Haku gave her a puzzled look.

             “It’s fine. That thing is a piece of crap anyway.” Relief flooded his features and he smiled. “But there’s still one more place I want to show you. You can mess with the light switches later if you want.” She grabbed his hand and walked up the stairs. She opened the door to a room and closed the door behind Haku. The room was pitch black. She flicked the light switch on and light engulfed the room. Her room. Haku looked around, his mouth agape. All the pictures she had drawn were hanging up from the incident a few weeks ago. She went and sat on her bed, waiting for him to finish looking around.

             “Chihiro….You..You did this? You drew these?”

             “Mhmm. Every single one. I just wanted you to know that I never forgot you. Never.” His gaze finally fell on her, just sitting there. He walked over and sat beside her, the bed creaking underneath the new weight. He grabbed her hands and rubbed his thumb over her knuckle.