Chapter 6: A Reunion..Of Sorts..

Chihiro

Disbelief. That’s what Chihiro was thinking. Haku, beautiful Haku. His face showed pain. She tried to reach for him, but her hand hit the invisible wall too. “No.” She said. Her hand hit the wall again. Nothing happened. “No!!” She screamed. She banged her hands against the invisible wall. Haku watched his eyes wide. She eventually gave up all her energy and she slid down and leaned against the wall.

             Tears streamed down her face and she saw Haku sit down too. He looked right at her and smiled, a little smile. His lips moved but she couldn’t hear him. “I can’t hear you, Haku!” He obviously couldn’t hear her either. She ran all the way here, knowing her heart would somehow be broken. Her actual thoughts being Haku wasn’t going to be here. Actually, he was here but she cou- He was here!! It all kind of hit her like brick. She got on her knees and looked directly at Haku. He gets up too and he puts his hands on the wall. Chihiro put hers right on top of his and leaned her forehead against the barrier. And that’s where they stayed all night.

Haku

She was here. She really was. After so many years of dreaming she was really here! Right before his vey eyes!

Haku was filled with joy! Even though he could not touch or hear her but he could see her! Seeing Chihiro was okay was enough joy to help him fly around the world a million times. As a plus to everything she looked well! Just like he imagined she would look at the age of 17. Her hair was long and down past her shoulders looking devilish. She had slight bags under her eyes but Haku decided to ignore them and just look into her eyes.

Haku laughed softly with a smiled and closed his eyes, his forehead leaning against hers through the invisible wall. He knew it was creepy to think but he could almost smell her, the light, sweet scent of cherry blossoms that clung to her hair and drifted after her when she walked.

He wanted to touch her so bad! Just to hold her tight in his arms. To prove this was reality and not a beautiful dream. He wanted to feel the warmth of her body press against him and her soft hair beneath his hand as he held her close. Promising, swearing, that he would never, ever, let her go again.

The problem was this wall. It wasn’t here before so where did it come from? Had spirits tried escaping so they had to seal it? Had other humans found a way through?

Haku couldn’t care right now he was just thinking about how happy he was to see that Chihiro was well. He then thought, his head still press against the wall next to Chihiro’s, whose eyes were still closed and had small tears falling from them.

“I don’t care that I can’t touch you. You are here and I am glad. I love you Chihiro. I always have and always will.” Tears started to form under his lashes. Gradually he opened his eyes to see that Chihiro had pulled away from the wall and had her mouth moving fast and her hands moving quickly in moves of happiness.

“What?” Haku asked out loud as he watched the girl’s movement.