Chapter 3: The Bull Crap of School and a Mission

Chihiro

Chihiro walked to her last class of the day and heard some people talking loudly at the end of the hallway, They were the people who hated her the most. She kept her head down and didn’t make any eye contact, but they noticed her anyway. Everyone noticed her. “Oh, Chihiro!!” The tall blonde one said. She waved her hand over, but Chihiro knew better. She just kept walking trying to walk past them. “Chihiro! What’s the rush?” The short, stocky boy said as the blonde pulled on her book bag, dragging her backwords.

             “Can you guys please just leave me alone?” She asked, but of course yes was not the answer she got.

             “Well, now Chihiro, who else would we have this much fun with if we stopped having fun with you?” Chihiro didn’t answer, nor did she want to answer any of their other questions. “I asked you a question!” The boy said. When she sealed her mouth he gripped her bag threw if across the hallway. Papers of all sorts few out. Unfinished and finished homework, drawings of Haku, notes. Everything in her bag came tumbling out. Everyone in the hall just watched it happen, not moving an inch to come help her. The blonde walked around Chihiro and it was then that she realized the girl had a cup. The cup tipped over and hot, boiling coffee went all over the ground and her papers. “NO!!!” Chihiro screamed as she saw the images on the paper disappear, never to be recovered or redrawn. She scurried down the hall and picked up every piece of paper that spilt out and shoved them into her back, soaked with coffee or not. She turned, looked at all the kids in the hall and walked away from all of them. She did not go to her next class, she walked straight through the exit doors and walked straight home.

             When she got home she was glad her parents weren’t there. She went straight to her room and took out all the papers. She hung the really wet ones up with clothes pins and left the other ones on a desk. She then crawled into bed, stuck her face in her pillow and screamed. And there was one last thing she said before she fell asleep. “Where are you Haku and why haven’t you come back for me?”

 Haku

The wind rushing against his face felt great. Haku smiled as if he forgot he was still falling from the top of the bathhouse. “So this is peace?” He thought soundly. He thought of flying but he knew that is wasn’t going to happen. He couldn’t get the feeling he needed to change into his true dragon form. He needed the drive and motive but there was none.

“Can I even die in the Spirit World?” He questioned himself closing his eyes. He knew the ground had to be getting close and all he could think about was what is going to happen to his body he hits the ground.  Abruptly there was a sound near his ear. It was the sound of a tinkling of a small bell, “Haku”, the bell rang quietly and echoed in his ears.

Haku’s eyes popped open and he gasped throwing his arms out and catching some air. “That voice!” He looked around turning his head side to side. Then his skin started to glow and grow scales.  Blue and pearl white scales formed on his body. The scales shined and glimmered in the light they hadn’t seen in 83 years. His torso and legs stretched and morphed in to a long and smooth body that he had forgotten he had. The last thing to change was his face but his eyes stayed the same, green with little flecks of gold.

Letting out a roar Haku spiraled up into the sky. “I did it!” He thought ecstatically. “Now..” He turned with determination, “That voice. That was her! There is no doubt about it! She said my name!  She wants me to come to her!” A smile grew on his face exposing large white teeth. “What if she is hurt or in trouble?! I have to go to her!” Haku thought all of this while circling around the bathhouse remembering how to move his true form.

“GO GET HER!!!” Haku heard Lin’s voice call from the window of his office.

“Wait for me Chihiro! I’m finally coming to save you.” Haku roared again as he flew over the ocean that lead to the town and station that held the gate human world.