Chapter Fourteen

• Dedicated to To All Magicks

                                                                   A MAGICK

My eyes slowly fluttered open, I groaned from the throbbing pain in the back of my head, and I felt a hand stroking my hair. Jonathan.

I turned my head from lying side-ways(I’m guessing on his lap) to up right to see his brown eyes. It hart to smile, but I did anyway. He smiled back still stroking my hair. “Are you alright?”

I struggled to find my voice, but found it. “I am in pain, on your lap, and groaning.” I said with a smile.

He continued to smile, but soon his smile faded. “They took Eric and put us in cell in a different tunnel.”

I slowly stood up, to see this claim for my self. He was right. New markings, different wall structure, no Eric, and the gay man wasn’t here. So it was a different cell, in a different part of the caves.

“Eric is gone.“ But if Eric isn’t here, then that meant the River Thieves had him in their hands, again!

I lowered my head and grumbled in defeat. We meant to save Eric and return him to his father, but we couldn’t even get him out of the caves. I would have been a lot less humiliating if we were tricked from traps hidden with in the forest as were riding away with Eric on our horses. Instead, I was subdued by strength and stupid men. MEN!!!!

“We were entrusted with Eric’s safety, and we couldn’t even get him out of the caves. I, am, so, stupid. In stead of watching you free Eric, I should have been on look out so we would have been ready for the bastards. But instead I was oblivious.”

Jonathan scooted closer to me. “No I should have grabbed Eric and ran as soon as you killed the guard next to him. Instead of trying to untie him. If anything, I am to blame, not you.”

I shook my head in amusement. Even in the second cell we have ever been, he can still put himself before me in trouble, blame, or just anger. I love him so much.

Then we both leaned in and kissed, probably for the last time.

***

We were both laying close to each other, when we heard footsteps coming down the tunnel. We quickly sat up and waited for the pursuer to emerge. It was the tall man.

He approached the cell door and waited for a moment. ”Well good morning, I hope you had a good night’s sleep.” then he chuckled, very well knowing we did not sleep at all.

“Open it.” , he said to the two guards behind him. One came forward with the keys, and unlocked us. He growled at me, a sad attempt to try and scare me . I stared at him as if I was trying to find the meaning of his noise making.

The tall man laughed. “You are a hard one. I would love to have you as part of my River Thieves.”

I literally spit at the idea, right on the tall man’s boots. His smiled disappeared quicker than it appeared. ”I‘ll take that as a no.”

He turned and began walking back down the tunnel he came from. The guards pushed us in that direction with the points of their daggers. To avoid hassle, we complied to their demands.

As we walked down the tunnel, we began to see light, sun light. Then we emerged from the darkness and stood in the light of a holed ceiling and a room full of men. The River Thieves.

The guards poked us in our back, and we continued to advance. We were placed on either side of a star drawn in the center of the floor. A pentagram.

A witch? That’s what all this was about? The River Thieves think that Eric is a witch? Well, maybe wizard would better fit this situation. BUT STILL!!!!!!!!

The guards made us get on our knees. And from my left, several guards held swords to keep a man from running. And that man was Eric.

I began to stand up, but the guard pushed me back down. I fought against him, but he was too strong. The thieves tied Eric to a post in the middle of the pentagram. Then the tall man stepped to Eric and faced his “public”.

“River Thieves. We have spent many generations ridding the world of the Magicks. I believed that we have fully killed every single one of them, and saved their souls in the process. But we have missed one.” a round of murmurs and whispers filled the room for a moment, then died down when the tall man raised his hand.

“This young man, Prince Eric, is a Magick, and we have made it our mission to save his soul.” the Thieves bowed their heads, traced a cross over their chests, and lifted their heads.

“As always, we would need two souls volunteer as sacrifice. But no fear. We have to souls here with us to day. And now none of our own will have to die today.” and cheers began.

I thought for a moment. Eric, Jonathan, and are going die right now if I don’t do something. I couldn’t stand and fight, I was being held down. I couldn’t slide and run, I was out numbered, and I wasn’t very fast. I was stuck, until I found a way.

I, faster than could be seen with a human eye. I extended my arm into a punch in the very spot it shouldn’t be. As he doubled over in pain, I upper-cut him in the face, and he was out.

I grabbed his sword and swiped at the men that came to fight me. I didn’t kill any one, but I did cause some injuries. Severe injuries. When no one else came to the plate, I ran to Eric to free him. Then another Thief stood in front of him but he backed away once his face was slashed.

Eric was free, and I turned to the guard that was holding down Jonathan. He backed away with no blood needed for convincing. Coward.

We were all free, but we were in the same place we were last night, out numbered. They were now all poised for attack, we were truly dead now. Jonathan and I exchanged a defeated glance, but then something happened that I never thought I would ever see. Eric walked forward, defending us.

“Clear a path, now! Before I get angry.”

The tall man laughed, again(I’m starting to get really annoyed with that laugh). “Not within the star. You’re powerless.”

What on earth are they talking about? Is Eric playing along with their “Magick” theory? He better know what he’s doing.

“You’re right. But what about now?” and he stepped out of the pentagram. And then the impossible happened.

All the Thieves gripped their throats, and began to choke. They were being suffocated. Some were freed but were then being sliced to pieces by their own swords, with no man on the other side of the blade. I went up to Eric to see if he was alright, but I was shock at the sight of his blue eyes become white. And his features were stoned. And then I knew, Eric was A Magick.

Turned back to his victims. They were now all dead, except for the tall man. He was still being choked. He was sweating so bad, and his face was red, so red. Eric strode forward, still stoned, and stopped in front of him. Jonathan came to me to hold me, and make sure I wouldn’t get hurt.

Eric blankly stared at the tall man, and with nod of is head, he twisted his neck, all the way around.

I gasped, never, EVER, thinking that Eric would something like that. I looked around the room at the rest of the room. Everyone was either thin necked, drowning in blood, or beheaded. Then I looked back to Eric, who was now staring at me.