Chapter Nine

• Dedicated to To my two best friends

                                                  FROM WEDDING TO FUNERAL

I now have arrived at the kingdom’s church along the edge of the forest. It was completely decorated in white,…… everything. There are too many things that are white for me to name.

The church bells rang in their formal rhythm composed just for my wedding, it is a shame that the music had gone to waste.

As I entered the hall, ready to be escorted in by my cousin(whose name I cannot remember), when my father came beside me.

“It is alright Ernest, I will take it from here.” he said to my cousin, who gave a snotty looked and stomped away.

“You are truly beautiful, Annabeth. Eric is the luckiest young man ever to walk this planet. I hope you know that.”

On a normal day, I would take that as a compliment But today, I am furious. “If I am beautiful, then Scarlet is a gorgeous angel.”

“What are you talking about. Compared to you, Scarlet is a mere cockroach living under a rock. You are the most beautiful girl in the entire kingdom, so do not lie to yourself.”

I could not stand his presents any longer. “Ernest!!! Come back, father is SICK and needs to leave. You can walk me down the aisle.”

My father looked at me with confusion and anger. He should be confused, that way my stunt will not come as a shock to him later on.

My snobby cousin returned to my arm as my father stomped away angrily.

“And everyone calls me the snob?” Ernest said also with utter confusion.

“Well Ernest, I think I favor you more at the present moment.”

He nodded his head with grace and poise. Then the organ pipes sounded through the church corridors. The oak wood doors opened before me, welcoming my presence. Everyone from the village, my family, Prince Eric’s family, and some people I had no clue where they came from. They were all here to see me give myself away to good, understanding, helpful man.

But the wrong man all the same. It was tragic to think that the entire kingdom will have wasted their good Sunday morning on a wedding that would not even finish.

Ernest and I now were walking down the aisle towards Prince Eric and the priest who was supposed to bind in marriage. I have now came to him after what seemed like a mile walk. He took my hand ever so graciously and pulled me beside him.

“Are you ready?”

That was my cue. I lifted my bouquet so it would cover my face, the was Scarlet’s signal.

There was a loud clang and then I saw a wooden chandler’s chain break and fall. Scarlet stood beneath it looking like she was fixing a bow on one of the pillars. Then once she turned around, the chandler came down on top of her. She fell to the floor, at first I thought she was acting but she was not.

Everyone ran to her, lifting the chandler off of her still body. Even I ran from my place to see if she was ok, I crawled on my hands and knees to get to her. When I did, someone tried to pull me away.

“Princess Annabeth, you stand…..” his next words were cut off by my fist connecting with his nose.

I pulled Scarlet’s head onto my lap, she was still conscience. She looked up to me and spoke these words, “I got you more than a minute, I possibly got you a day.”

I now began to cry. “You should not have gone that far. Now your hurt.”

“At least it is better on every man’s eyes now that I am gone.”