Chapter Thirteen

• Dedicated to All the Annabeth's Out There

                                                  THREE VS. A THOUSAND

They were a great deal stronger than me, but I was taught to take advantage of that.

The one I fought was way to cocky for his own good. So I did something I second guessed, I ran out. Of course, he followed me out to the wood at the entrance of the cave. I climbed up the nearest tree and wait til he was in the right position. Then he yelled at the sky, though it was meant for me.

“Come out and play little girl. Cooperate, and you can be the finest edition to my bed.”

I gagged at the thought of being in bed with him. I wanted to leap now, but he was not positioned right. Wait a little longer, ……….. Now!!!!!!!!!

I jumped from the limb and began to destroy him. He was taken by surprise, and that surprise was going to kill him. Just like I planed.

I had him kneeling on the ground, with my blade against his neck. Then he spoke, shaking with fear. “What are you???”

I leaned forward, so he could hear me, “Bastard, I’m your worst nightmare.” then with a swift motion, I slit his throat.

I was shocked by my own actions, and yet so impressed. I walked back into the cave, leaving the thief’s body lying on the ground.

I found Jonathan standing above the other thief, blood on his hands and sword. We both obviously have never killed before. We later continued down the dark, stony corridor. Then it wasn’t long before we heard the clanging of metal, metal bars.

I quickened my pace towards the sound, until there came a fork in the passage. I waited for the sound to come again. And when it did, it came from the right. I ran in that direction, dying to find out what was down there. And I stopped when I found it. “Eric!”

Eric looked up from his banging and met my eyes. At that moment a smile spread across his face, and spread wider when Jonathan came into view. Eric’s clothes were dusty and torn, and his face was cut and bruised. His fist were red and swollen, obviously from trying to defend himself. Eric’s strawberry blond hair was matted an covered in dirt. Well, at least his eyes were as blue as ever.

Jonathan went up to the bars, “Are you alright Eric? From your current condition, I’d say you overly exerted your self.”

“I am fine. In pain,” he stood, moaning in the process. “, but fine. How did you find me? I don’t even know where we are.”

“Why would you want to leave me, my handsome man?”, said this crackling voice from the corner of the cell.

There I saw a man, covered in much more dirt than Eric. He was in a perfect state of health, but I think he might be delusional. He was flirting with Eric as if he was in love. That was truly strange to my eyes.

I spoke to the strange man. “And who might you be?”

“Oh, he didn’t tell you. Well, my man and I were to escape together. But it seems as if he has lied to me. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! “he began to moan and whiper.

Eric answered my mental question. “This man is gay and thinks I am his true love. So he has been attached to me for the last hour! It is torture, you have to set me free.”

Jonathan answered in return. “We will, but first we must find the keys to this cell.” just as he said that, the sound of metal on metal echoed down the cave.

“Quick, hide!!!”, Eric whisper-yelled.

We did so, we hid behind a bolder along the side of the cave’s wall. One bulky man walked up to the cell and unlocked it with a key from a long chain on his belt. he handcuffed Eric before exiting the cell. As he walked away, I followed, blade positioned for a stab. Once I was close enough, I killed the man.

As he fell to the ground, Jonathan grabbed his keys and began to unlock Eric.

“Okay, your free. Now let’s go before…….”

“Before what, young warrior?” A tall man with an army of thieves behind him asked.

Jonathan and I stood in front of Eric, ready to protect him at any cost. And the tall man laughed.

“Now this is a sight to see. A princess protecting a prince, with her stable boy and true love. I know these things because your family isn’t the only one who has spies for their personal gain.”

I was a little taken aback from his supply of knowledge from my personal life. But, it was true. The thieves had many spies, what I didn’t realize is that they were stationed everywhere.

The man continued, “Since you are here, you will get to see our plans for your prince. We are just about to do that now, until you killed my second in command.” he turn to behind him. “Bind their hands! We don’t want them escaping now do we?” his question was followed by a round of laughter. Three men came to us with ropes in their hands. Once we were bound, the man called out, “She, I suspect, is the most dangerous. She must be unconscious.”

That was the last thing I heard before my head was struck.