Chapter 14: The Charming's Ball

Cerise's PoV

They arrive to the Charming's Residence, much against Cerise's will. She, Raven and Apple have all been styled for the ball by Apple's royal stylists.
Miss White's hair has been curled and ornamented with thousands of sparkling tiny crystals. There is a soft blush on her cheeks and her lips are red red red. Around her neck hangs a thin necklace of pure gold, caressing her snow-white skin and making her glow brighter than the stars coming out on the night sky.
Raven's hair is styled in a French hairdo from the 1700s, although not as curly and not as high as they were back then. Yet it fits her character, and it also brings out her royal grace and makes her neck look a lot longer. The earrings are feathers, picked from the Great Raven that roams the outskirts of the EnchantedForest.
And of-course, the dresses.
Their dresses sure lives up to both their fairytale-status. Both are dazzling and beautiful, the kind of ball gowns any princess would wish for, and specially chosen for this nights grand event.
Apple's dress goes along with her hair as it too has thousands of tiny crystals sewed onto it, making her sparkle even more. Cerise thinks that it's honestly a bit too much of sparkle around that princess, but was kind enough to not mention it to Apple.
Raven's dress does not sparkle, thank the Narrators. There is no need for diamonds or crystals when it comes to this girl. Her enthusiasm and hexcitement makes her glow a lot more than Apple, and not in a bad way.

Cerise is nowhere close to any hexcitement whatsoever. She never wanted to go in the first place. But Apple wouldn't take no for an answer. Not that Cerise had put up much of a fight about it. The fact that Apple had buzzed her birds to pack her things had been so random and cool that Cerise had dropped everything and well, you know, now she is here.
Cerise lets out a heavy sigh. Who was she kidding? She wanted to go to the ball.
No. Wait. Yes.
She wanted to go, but not for the dancing, not for the fancy dresses and the music. She wanted to go because of a boy, the silliest reasons of all. Silly and embarrassing. So she told herself that she didn't want to go, she didn't want to see him.
But I don't want to see him. Can't see him.
Split between her feelings and thoughts, Cerise tugs at her bottom lip. What was she doing there, in that fancy carriage with Raven and Apple?
Doctor Charming will be so pissed when he sees me at the ball. Unless... All I have to do is to stay as far away from Daring as possible. Yes, neither of them will know that I am here as long as I hide from them!
"Hexcited much are you?" Apple raises her eyebrows at Cerise's big smile. "We are nearly there now."
Cerise just smiles. Her plan would totally work. Daring wouldn't pay that much attention to her anyway, it wasn't as if they were really close friends or anything, and she was nowhere close to be as gorgeous as any other princess attending the ball.
Not that she is ugly, no. Cerise feels prettier than ever before actually.
Her hair has been curled - Raven helped her with that since Cerise wouldn't let anyone other than her do that, due to that Raven know her wolf-secret.

She also has, much to her disliking, been given help with the make-up even though she said she didn't want it. Apple had refused to listen and forced the make-up on her, and when she was finished with her work of art Cerise could barely recognize herself. And as a plus, Apple had even stated how pretty she looked.

The excite the carriage, the air chilly around them. Cerise lets her gaze wander over the enormous castle. Its beauty catches her whole being, and she stands breathless looking at it.
Apple closes the carriage and skips over to the grand staircase. Each and every step has been decorated with light blue roses and lilies.
Raven takes Cerise's hand and gives her a smile. "Are you ready? I sure am, I mean, I am going to dance with Dexter tonight!" She bites her lip and smiles widely in hexcitement. "I'm sure Apple won't be a bugging you once we get inside. She'll be too busy with Daring." Raven gives her best friend a supportive smile and walks up the stairs, holding up her skirt a little so she won't step on it by accident.
Cerise lets out a sigh, her breath coming out like a fog in the chilly air.

Apple waits by the entrance, standing beside a handsome guard with perfect facial features. He scans the ticket in Apple's hand with a device similar to the one that Doctor Charming had. At blue light glows on its top. Once scanned it buzzes wildly.
The guard bows with his head before Apple. She makes a curtsy and grabs onto Cerise's arm, dragging her past the massive doors leading into the castle. They walk through a corridor and step out on a balcony with perfect view over the entrance hall. By the staircase stands a funny looking man with a long belly. Apple whispers gives him a snow-white paper.
The man clears his throat which makes a loud sound that echoes through the hall. All noise and all voices dies, leaving a silence of curiosity.
"Princess Apple White, daughter of Snow White!"
Apple makes a deep curtsy to greet the people and all the guests, gesturing with her hand to Cerise to do the same.