Chapter 15: Part 1 - The Play That Almost Was, And Then Wasn't! But Then Was!

Narrators' PoV

Female narrator: "Since the ball the students at Ever After High has been working very hard with the theatre project that headmaster Grimm gave them."
Male narrator: "Yes, he is quite hexcited about Legacy Day. He is preparing his students in the most...ehum...hextraordinary ways."
Female narrator: "And what's wrong with that?"
Male narrator: "Nothing. Just. Why can't he just wait until Legacy Day?"
Female narrator: "After Legacy Day the students will begin their work to become the best version of their fairytales. This is just something he makes them do for fun, to hexcite them."
Brooke: "Okay, but, can we please talk a little about the ball?? What happened hexactly??"
Female narrator: "Well, as much as it pains me to say it... Apple tricked Cerise."
Brooke, frowning: "Why would she do that? Isn't she suppose to be the loveliest princess ever after?"
Male narrator: "Even the loveliest can do evil things, Brooke. She was jealous."
Brooke: "What? Why?"
Male narrator: "Because Daring-"
Female narrator, interrupting: "What happened between Daring and Cerise is a misunderstanding. Nothing even happened between them. Apple and Daring are engaged now and that is how it is suppose to be."
Brooke and the Male narrator looks confused.
Brooke, surprised: "You guys didn't let me see their engagement?!"
Male narrator, hushing Brooke and looking at his wife: "Are you sure there's nothing, because you sound a bit stressed out about that?"
Female narrator, ignoring the question and clapping her hands together: "Well now the time is here for them to preform before the whole school and Ever After. Here Brooke, now you know who's who. So let the play...begin!"

Actor's Sheet
Apple White as Snow White
Raven Queen as Evil Queen
Daring Charming as Prince Charming
Briar Beauty as Sleeping Beauty
Faybelle Thorn as Dark Fairy
Dexter Charming as Prince Charming
Cerise Hood as Little Red Riding Hood
Hunter Huntsman as Huntsman
Ramona Wolf as Big Bad Wolf
Baba Yaga as Grandmother
First Pig as First Pig
Second Pig as Second Pig
Third Pig as Third Pig
Ramona Wolf as Big Bad Wolf
Holly O'Hair as Rapunzle
Raven Queen as Mother Gothel
Herbert Rider as Flynn Rider/Eugine Flitzherbert
Blondie Lockes as Goldielockes

....

Brooke: "That's quite a list. I don't think I need to read it all."
Female narrator: "Then let the play BEGIN!"

~

Cerise's PoV
The Great Hall is filled with teachers,  students and parents from almost every fairytale there is. The stage is  in darkness, the curtains are closed. Cerise sits on the fourth row beside Ramona and Hunter.
Cerise bounces her feet up and down on the floor, re-thinking and over-thinking everything that has happened since she started high school.
How can everyone act as if nothing has happened? It is a relief for her though because everyone would surely bully the pages out of her book if they knew what had happened at the Charming's Ball.
But so much has changed. Raven isn't talking to her anymore. Hunter still does though, which is kind of nice. And she has Ramona too, but it's harder to talk with her now. All because of the wolf-thing.
But not all things have turned to the bad. One thing that surprised Cerise a lot is that Daring talks to her a lot more now. Even though he is engaged to Apple now - crazy, right? - he makes time for Cerise, the clout from the ball. She doesn't know why though but it makes her heart flutter so she hasn't been bothered to find out what his reasons are.

The lights turns on and the stage is bright. A figure comes forth, headmaster Grimm. He clears its throat before he speaks.
"Welcome students and parents of Ever After! It is with a proud heart I present to you, outlet school play 'The Play That Almost Was, And Then Wasn't! But Then Was!'"
A round of applause is given. Headmaster Grimm smiles wide and happily.
"First out we have a most hexquisite version of the story of our beloved Queen - Snow White!"
The  crowd gives headmaster Grimm an finishing applaud as he walks off the  stage, and a welcoming applaud as the curtains slowly opens.
Hunter leans over to Cerise and whispers: "This is so hexciting!"
Cerise nods, putting her finger upon her lips to tell Hunter to be quiet.