Chapter 11: The Day Ever After, Part 2

Apple's PoV
The Hocus Latte is crowded with just the right amount of customers this Saturday morning. Apple sits by a round table by the window, frowning and sighing angrily.
After she and Briar had left the school to go to Book End, Apple had her first real venting-session, telling Briar about what had happened in the hallway. She had been behaving most unroyally and unprincessy, screaming and yelling on the top of her lounges to express how disappointed and angry she was with Daring, but mostly with Cerise. The people they had passed by had given them scared and horrified looks. Who had known that their princess could yell like that and send out such negative energy?
~
Female narrator: "Luckily for her, Briar is a very good listener-"
Male narrator, cutting in: "As long as she doesn't fall asleep!"
Female narrator, narrowing her eyes and continuing: "And she is a very, very supportive best friend forever after."
~
Briar comes back with their lattes.
"One fairy caramel with extra cream for you," She places the large cup latte in front of Apple and sits down with her own, an even larger cup with a lot more caffeine in it. She sucks on the straw that came with it.
"Soo...?" Briar says, looking at Apple with a smile that indicates that they should keep talking about it.
It being the hood-problem. As they agreed to call it.
"I don't know!" Apple cries out sadly. "Why would she do this to me, Briar?"
Briar blinks in surprise, eating the cream off her latte with the spoon as she thinks for a moment. "Maybe she-"
"Maybe she wants to take my Happily Ever After from me!" Apple gasps, grabbing both sides of the little table to stay grounded.
Briar shakes her head. "I don't think so. Cerise isn't the princess-kind of girl. I think that maybe she was just sick from all the alcohol she had had at the party, and you know how Daring is."
Apple shakes her head, looking almost hopeless. "No."
Briar sighs a little. "He's a prince Charming. He helps damsels in distress. It's kind of his thing."
"Yeah but, he is my Prince Charming! Why did he have to run after her like that, as if he actually cared about her!" Apple complains loudly, like an emotional girl talking about her favourite OTP that still hasn't become headcanon while being on her period.
"Because she is a damsel and if she was green-looking then she was in distress too. Simple as that." Briar says, shrugging lightly. "But if you are worried that she has feelings for him then maybe...you should tell her to back off?"
Apple gasps. There is a light in her eyes that wasn't there before. She spreads her lips in a smile that grows wider and wider, until she resembles with the smile of the Cheshire Cat from Wonderland. Apple White just got a hexcellent idea.
"I'll tell her alright," she says confidentially. "I will show her who's the princess in this world and make sure that she will know where her place is."
"Ohh? How?" Briar asks with three ounces of hexcitement. "Are you going to slap her?~"
Apple smiles and takes out a golden envelope and gives it to Briar.
"Oh my Grimm! Can you take me with you?~" Briar's eyes sparkles. "That sounds like it is going to be a total page-ripper!~"
Apple shakes her head and takes back the envelope, firmly putting it in her apple-shaped bag.
"Oh!" Briar gasps. "You're bringing her! But why?"
Apple smiles a cocky smile. "To show her who's boss of-course."
"Duuh! But how!" Briar flips with her spoon, accidentally throwing cream at the wall. "Whoops..."
"Oh, I have my ways.~" Apple crosses her arms above her chest and leans back in her chair with a confident smile on her face. Cerise Hood, you won't stand a chance.

~

Hunter's PoV
What is it that you're usually being told when it comes to girls? If you're going to tell a girl that you like her, do it when you're sober. Alcohol toughens you up but it weakens your memory. I really should have thought of that! But hex, I'm happy to tell her one more time! If only, I could find her...

Hunter walks towards the entrance to the library, hands in his pockets and head down. He has been looking everywhere but without any luck of finding Cerise.
Talking with Ashlynn had made him all pumped and hexcited. He had especially liked the part where she had compared Cerise with the prey of a huntsman.  He had been full of ideas for the most perfect date ever after, but when he couldn't find the girl his hexcitement began to fade.
Great. Not only do I fail setting up my traps, I can't even hunt down Cerise.
He sighs as he enters the library. The two evil step-librarians gives him an annoyed look. Both of them puts their bony fingers to their lips and says: "Sssshhh!"
Hunter frowns at them and keeps walking. He sit down at a table full of books, shrinking down in the chair.
"Hunter?"
"Hm?" He looks up and sees Cedar sitting next to him. "Hello Cedar."
Cedar smiles at him. "Soo, how did it go? Did she like my decorations?~"
Hunter sighs. "She ran away, Cedar."
"Whaaat? But I worked so hard! I even managed to keep it a secret!"
"SSSHHH!" The two evil step-librarians points with their bony fingers to their eyes and then at Hunter and Cedar.
"Whoops..." Cedar hides behind the pile of books on the table. "Why did she run away?" She whispers.
"She got sick. And then Daring came and now I can't find her." Hunter whispers back. "Uuughhhh...!" He growls inwardly and unhappily.
"Wait a splinter," Cedar says.
Hunter looks at her. "What..?"
She smiles. "Have you checked the FairyCare-wing?"
He raises his eyebrows, eyes wide of aha! "No, I didn't think about that actually. Weird..." he scratches the back of his neck, feeling rather embarrassed. "I should have, since she's sick..."
"Hey, don't worry about it Hunter," Cedar says with a smile and stands from her chair. "Listen, I've got to go back to my dorm now and study, but send a text if you'd need help, or something."
Hunter nods slowly, softly nibbing at his bottom lip. "Yeah. Sure."
"Cheer up, Hunter, I'm sure Cerise will feel better in no-time." Cedar smiles. "After-all, Dr. King Charming is the best doctor ever after."
Yeah. That's what I'm afraid of...
She swiftly walks off, waving a little at Hunter. He sighs heavily, shrinking down most ungracefully.