Chapter 5: New roomies

Narrators' PoV

Male narrator: "It is the year of Legacy Day, a momentous event where the students pledge to all of the Magical World to follow the same paths as their fairytale-parents."
Female narrator: "And they better do, or else..."
Male narrator, somewhat irritated: "I'm sorry, who's telling this story?! If you don't-!"

~

Raven's PoV
"Will you two stop fighting?? Peace and crackers!" Maddie shouts out, looking up somewhere beyond the sealing.
When the welcome-speech was over, all students began exploring their school and new home for the following year. Raven Queen, daughter of the Evil Queen, has found the castleteria, where she now sits together with two of her bestest of friends ever after.
She gives the colourful girl beside her a surprised look. "Um... Who are you talking to, Maddie?"
"Whyy, the Narrators. Oh you can't hear them, Raven. Only I can." Madeline Hatter giggles.
Cerise rolls her eyes but can't help but to smile a little. Raven wiggles from side to side on the chair she sits on.
"Okay... Can I...talk now?"
Maddie nods. "Mhm."
"It's just..." Raven begins and sighs, "I'm just so sick of everyone thinking I'm so 'evil' just because my mum was... It's not fair!" she cries out and accidentaly makes her hocus latte explode all over the table. The Girls quickly wipes the mess away with some tissues.
"No-one thinks you're evil Raven," says Cerise. "But I know the feeling... Sort of anyway."
"Yess, now you're just talking crazy!" Maddie giggles and hugs Ravens' arm.
Raven chuckles in surprise. "The daughter of the Mad Hatter calls me crazy? Thank you girls, you're the best. I just wish that the others would see me they way you do."
Maddie giggles. "Will you stop with the worry-flurry? Everyone at school loves you!"
Raven sighs and shrunks down a couple of centimeters. "Maddie, now you're the one to talk crazy. Do you even know what happened when I entered the school this morning?"

~

Brooke, gasps: "What's happening? Are we...travelling in time?"
Male narrator: "A Flashback. Listen..."
Male narrator, clears his throat before continuing: "It is a fine Tuesday morning as the sun shines over the World of Ever After, and Raven Queen is on the last step of the staircase to enter the halls of Ever After High."

~

Oh hex... The door is huge! I'm still not sure about this... I only hope that this year, that this school, will treat me diffrently than all the other ones have. And if not, I'll have to show them. Alright, here goes nothing.
Raven reaches out for the doorknob and as her fingers touches it, the large door magically opens and reveals for her the enchanting halls of her new high-school. Raven is blown away at the first sight. So many new people, so many possibilities waiting for her.
Yes, I Think this might be going just right after all.
But no. As soon as she sets her foot inside the entrance hall everyone stops. A tiny pig who happens to stand right in front of her, looks up and and when his eyes meets hers, he screams in fear.
"It's Raven Queen!" he shrieks as he runs away, quicker than Lightning.
Another boy calls out from somewhere deeper within the hallway. "She is EVIL!"
Raven turns to look at all the students running about and screaming for help. Her heart beating fast and hard in her chest. She reaches out for them and opens her mouth to say something, but she doesn't know what.
A pretty girl surrounded by fluffy lambs cries out to everyone that they should look for protection. And as the hallway is emptied on people, Raven is left all alone by herself while their screams echoes in the halls.
So much for showing them, alright... Oh hex, what am I doing here?

~

Brooke: "Aaah, I see. And now..?"
Male narrator: "End of Flashback. We are back at the castleteria."

~

Cerise nods and takes a sip from her hocus latte. "I know just the feeling. I ask myself that question a lot. Most of the time I feel like I shouldn't even exist."
Raven grabs her hand firmly. "That is serious crazy-talk, Cerise! Ofcourse you should exist. You are an enchanting person and one of my bestest friends ever after, not to mention how spelltacularly cool and athletic you are. You simply are, the best one could ask for."
"Correctly!" Maddie agrees and points at the two girls with both her hands, giggling. "You two worry-florries really have to sort out your scares and frights, neither of you are bad or evil or-"
A sudden ringing noise interrupts her. Maddie throws her arms up above her head, smiling wide of joy. "YAAY! Tea-time!"
Both Raven and Cerise laughs at their friend as she begins to set the table for a tea-party. They don't know how she manages to do it, but Maddie takes out a tea-pot and tea-cups for everyone from her hat. Her pet, a tiny mouse from Wonderland, hops down from her shoulder and sits on the table. Maddie giggles as she fills each cup with tea, and even the floor gets some.
"Whyy yes Earl Grey, you clever doormouse! This is a new dress!"
Raven takes her cup of tea and cheers Cerise with it, who clinks her cup with Raven's.