Chapter 7: Headmaster Grimm's Announcment

Cerise's PoV
The sun shines brightly over the fairytale world as the students of Ever After High all make their way to the Great Hall. A mere week of school has gone by and the Headmaster himself has already called upon a meeting, surely about the upcoming event again.
Legacy Day.
Everyone longs for it...

"Toodles! Good morning, narrator! Isn't this a teariffic day! Saay, what is this story about?" Maddie cheers, peering upwards beyond the sealing.

Male narrator: "Hello, Madeline. Please don't interrupt me while I narrate. Now where was I.... Ah yes... Everyone longs for it...."

...either with lust or with fear. In  Madeline Hatter's case it is with the biggest enthusiasm and cheerfulness, as she again and again tries to interrupt the narrating while walking with her friends to the meeting in the Great Hall, who all seems to be a bit confused and amused by her likeable madness.
And for Apple White, it is with lust and joy. She talks about it whenever she gets the chance to; bragging about how royally perfect she will rule the kingdom while adding on with her love for herself. Some of her fanboys have even composed a song, just for her: She is beauty, she is grace. She is the fairest in this state.
For some, less fortunate, say Cerise Hood, it is completely different. She is no princess but must still take classes like Damsel In Distress: Let Him Save You. No, Cerise is a rebel, but not of her own choice.
Growing up was not easy for a girl like her, nor for her sister. They had to go to different schools and when their separation got too hard for them to continue with, their lovely mother Red decided that she would home-school them. Her husband was after-all, a teacher at one of the most hexquisit schools in Ever After, so he could help her with everything their two little girls needed to know at the time.
By the time the elementary years had gone by, mr and Mrs Wolf-Hood talked to their girls about going back to school again. Both their parents had seen as much of the positive as the negative effects it had had to keep them at home, tucked and hid away from the rest of the world, just because they were different from everybody else. And, it did not rhyme very well with either of their characters. What had given them the right to do that to their children, just because of their forbidden love and marriage? As much as Red loved her one true love, she too did not want to hide in the dark forever.
So Cerise and Ramona entered Fairy Juniors High together. Given different surnames they were able to attend the same classes and see each other as much as they wanted  every day. One Wolf and one Hood. Although Cerise's ears was still like her mother's, it was easy to see the resemblance between her and Ramona.
Slowly, a talk began amongst the children. A talk that spread into rumours. Rumours that quickly was put to an end, but how was yet to be known.
Why do you look like each other? Are you related to a wolf? Rebels!
To further protect their family, Red made a small cape for her youngest daughter. A cape as red as her own, to show the whole of the magical world that Cerise was the daughter of the Little Red Riding Hood. Little did they know that this cape would come in handy after a few years...

Female narrator: "Enough with the background story. Go back to the present!"
Maddie, from her seat in the Great Hall, whispering: "Agreed! When ones belongings are cloaked, time stays!"
Male narrator, somewhat taken aback: "Ah well... Fine."

The Great Hall is filled with students and teachers, some has to stand by the walls because there aren't enough seats. On the stage before them stands Milton Grimm, the headmaster of Ever After High.
"I would like to start with acknowledging how well you all have done in your Legacy Day-classes, though some have done better than others," he begins. "But I want you to do even better! I know you can do so very much better! Which is why I have decided to set up a play, to prepare you all for your future destinies." Mr. Grimm smiles proud.
The crowd shares both a confused and happy expression. Raven leans over to Cerise who sit beside her and whispers: "I bet a certain princess asked him to do this."
Cerise bites her bottom lip to suppress a giggle and whispers back: "I double bet that they came up with the idea together!"
Mr. Grimm clears his throat loudly before he continues his speech. "You shall find that this is of most importance for you and your story, and, for the rest of the whole magical world! I have already decided each and every one of you into groups, some stories and fairytales will have to co-operate or else this project will take forever after to complete. Madame Yaga will give you the rest of the information you will need to complete this task."
Baba Yaga, floating in the air by the left side by the stage, smiles a little and does a little wave with her hand.
"Students, listen closely," mr. Grimm says loud and slowly as he looks right at each and every one of the students present in the Great Hall, his eyes almost peering into their very souls. "I want you to preform with passion and presence, as if it was real. You will get grades on this. Oh and yes, classes are dismissed for today."
The speech ends and a round of applause follows as the headmaster walks off the stage.
Cerise swallows hard. This was not was she was hexpecting at all.
Headmaster Grimm has gone too far.
She peers at her best friend beside her. Raven's eyes are spread wide open, all the colour missing from her face. She looks completely terrified.
Headmaster Grimm has really gone too far!
She takes Raven's hand and gives her a look of understanding and support. "Let's get out of here."
As the two girls stands from their chairs to leave, a voice calls out to Cerise. A voice she knows as good as the back of her hand.
"Cerise!"
She excuses herself to Raven, and Maddie accompanies her out instead while Cerise stays behind.
"Little C!"
She turns around and snaps back at the person behind her. "Don't call me that here! I'm not little...!"
"Relax, will you? What's gotten your fur up?" Ramona crosses her arms over her chest, wearing a concerned look on her face. "Why didn't you come to Book End yesterday?"
"I...I got distracted, that's all," Cerise replies slowly, pulling her hood further up over her head. "I was really tired, and smelly mind you, after grimmnastics and the halls were so crowded... It slipped my mind. I'm sorry."
Ramona wrapped her arm around her younger sister; the brotherly kind of thing to do, the kind of things buddies do. She pokes her nose underneath the red hood. "No worries, C. We can hang out another day. From what I've heard you're pretty busy nowadays." She says with a smirk on her lips.
Cerise hangs with her head, making a moaning sound of embarrassment. "It hasn't even been a week and all my friends already think that I've got a date coming up with Hunter! Total fairyfail!"
"Hmmmaaaaybee we should discuss this at another place, don't you think?" Ramona says half chuckling, winking meaningfully towards the rest of the students that are in the hall.
Cerise nods and takes out her mirrorphone. "I'm just gonna text Raven."
"Good," Ramona says with a smile. "Book End then?"
Cerise smiles, revealing her fangs and takes her sister's arm.
Ramona chuckles at her. "To Book End it is!"

The end is just the beginning...