Part 3

Kensi didn't know what to do with these realisations, so she tried to keep them on lockdown. But of then times she found she couldn't keep then quiet.

Callen and Sam left minutes ago with a mare goodnight and walked alway, but Kensi stayed behind; watching Deeks.

He was Sitting as his desk, staring intensely at something on his laptop; a pen in between his thumb and index finger, twirling it mindlessly.

Hey Deeks? Kensi asked finally, breaking in the silence.

The detective lifted his head up at the sound of her Boise. Yea, Kensi? Are you alright? You're been quiest. She said shifting on her feet.

A smell chuckle left his lips. I thought you're alway telling me to be quiet? Now that I finally not happy, Blye? He asked.

Kensi heard the teasing tone, but she nticed a bit of truth in there she wondered if she made him feel like she didn't want hi. To talk; if she'd hurt his feelings.

Kensi also found greedy wondering why she cared. There was a Time not so long ago when she wouldn't care anybody thiuggts; only Herself. But now, Kensi takes his thoughts into consideration sometimes.

Ans she can't fathom why.

Well it's just not like you, Deeks. I was wondering if you were alright. She asked gently. 

Deeks smiled slightly at her words. Thanks for your concern yea no it's just .... He has a son, did you catch that?  And when I was talking to him it just seemed like the guy didn't care what he did or how it would affect his kid. It just bothers me, I can't understand why anyone would be lime that to their kid. Deeks found himself opening up.

Kensi frowned.  She immediately connected his worlds to his his dad, and figured that was the source of Deeks mood change. It doesn't make sene; how anybody couldn't love their chid ... But we managed to get him back to his family; that's a good thing. Kensi tried lighting the situation.

Is it? Deeks asked

His parter couldn't find an answer to rant.  Deeks, if this is about your father.  She treiled off, not sure hoe he would react.

But the scruffy man just shook his head. No Kensi. It's more then that. A lot more. He see. Barely audible.

With that, Deeks stood up and threw his bag across his shoulders. I'll be fine.  Do t worry about me, princess. He smiled. But it didn't reach his eyes.