Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The announcement echoed through the empty halls of the large school. Everyone was almost asleep with boredom in their classes. I was pretty sure, Jess at the bottom of the room was snoring. I was practically shaking and vibrating with excitement, Alex rolled her eyes and sheook her head at me, but she was laughing .

   ‘Everyone who is renting an outfit for the dance please go to the gym and get your outfit, thank you’ said the monotone voice of the secretary. I jumped out of my seat, the teacher glared at me and gestured for me to sit down immediately.

   ‘Sorry miss, that’s me and Alex!’ I yelped in defence. The teacher grinned to herself at my excitement as I grabbed Alex’s arm and pulled her up off her chair, through the halls and into the gymnasium. The dresses were on the right of the gym and the guy’s outfits were on the left side. Brandon walked in with his friend and smiled at me. I waved exitedly.

   Eventually Alex picked a cute, mini, fuchsia, peasant girl dress that looked gorgeous with her skin tone. I picked out a beautiful blue, long dress, that was too girlie for Alex’s style. The top was indigo, with a sky coloured satin belt, with a turquoise skirt with sky blue, gold and silver floral swirls. The top was nearly the same colour as my eyes. Everything was going perfectly; the dress, my date, my friends. I was ingrossed in complete happiness. On his way out, Brandon unconcsiously put his hand on my waist and bent down so his mouth was by my ear.

   'See you later, Amsies... my lady' he grinned and walked out

   'Oooh!' Alex whistled as a huge grin played on her lips as she jumped up and dow, her red curls bouncing.

   'What?' I asked

   'Nothin', that's just... so cute!' she giggled

   'Shut up!' I hit her arm, she held it to her chest protectively.  

     I leaned against Brandon’s car gazing up at the clouds in boredom. I had tied my, still curly hair in a ponytail. I took out my phone and texted Alex

   *S‘up, sista?! Watcha doin?* I texted, the reply came back almost immediatly

   *Not Much... OMG! You know Carl? He got his hair done and it‘s kind of longish again! So funny! Called him Cody Simpson, So funny! He got so angry*

   *OMG! What did he say?*

   *Did I like Cody Simpson, I said no and he says then I hate u! LOLz*

   *dat was a total pick up line! LMAO* I texted in excitment

   *NO!NO!NO! Never gonna happen Amsies, sorry! Besides, I hate pick up lines, they're so generic and stupid*

   *Yeah, me too! they're really stupid and actually insulting! But ah Alex! Why not?!*

   *he has a girlfriend LOL*

   *whatever! G2g ttyl!* I texted as Brandon and Joshua approached the car.

   ‘Hey’ said Joshua ‘Guess what? I got a date for the dance!’

   ‘You’re going?!’ I asked ‘you better get a costume then!’ I pointed out, he cursed and ran into the gym. I sat in the car when Brandon unlocked it. ‘He’s so stupid!’ I laughed

   ‘Yeah, he is, at least he has a date.’

   ‘I thought you were going with us’ I said confused

   ‘Yeah, but it’s not the same, never mind you don’t get it’ he sighed and rested his head against the head rest on the seat.

   ‘It’s okay, no one cares! Your reputation isn’t on the line here, relax’ I said, he rolled his eyes. ‘so… what outfit did you get?’