Chapter Forty-Seven- Epilogue

-------------------- Chapter Forty-Seven --------------------

(Ash's POV)

I sat as far away as I could without falling off the bed completely.  

"What. Are. You. Doing?" Ari grates out each word, her raging gaze scraping from me and over to her Dad.  

"You can't do this Arianna!" Her Dad yells. I try to block it out by concentrating on the soreness of my chest.  

I put my hand to it, but pull it away shocked when I touch something warm and sticky. I hold my hand close up to my eye level. Blood?  

I sit up, cringing a little. Looking down at my chest, I see scratch marks ripping through the shirt and onto my chest, drawing blood slightly. 

How can I be scratched, he didn't hit that hard, did he? 

I'm not sure... But the wound is starting to sting now I've realised it. A shocked sound escapes from my throat, making both Ari and her Dad look my way. 

Their eyes widen when they see the blood. 

"Ash!" She screams, her hands shaking. It's not a bad wound, but it does hurt a lot. 

Her Dad doesn't say a thing, but his face returns to a blank mask.  

"You need to get out, now!" Ari screeches, losing her temper and pointing towards the door. Her Dad doesn't move, infuriating Ari even more. 

When didn't move an inch, she finally snapped and the silver light flared. She pushed it out at him, making him soar out of the room and hit the wall across from her door.  

"You will have to wait until I'm ready to talk. You are the last priority on my list." She growls, using the light to slam the door shut.  

She breaths in a deep breath, calming herself down before she scurries around to the bed and forces me to lay down, fussing over the position of the shirt I'm wearing and the blankets around me, as well as the pillows. 

"It's just a scratch to two." I whisper as she carefully pulls the shirt off and up over my head, trying not to hurt me, but I wince a little as the dried blood peels off. 

"So? That doesn't mean he should have done it anyway." She says, grinding her teeth together.  

I nod, not wanting to get on her bad side.  

"I'll be right back, ok?" She says, brushing the hair from my eyes before hurrying from the room before I could say anything.  

I felt a pang in my heart when she wasn't near me or in my sight, and I could feel my heart quicken slightly. I could feel fear creeping up on me, but I forced it back down. Ari will be back.