Chapter Fourteen

-------------------- Chapter Fourteen ---------------------

(Ash's POV)

I was so angry when Michael pulled Ari back by the shirt. It took her by surprise and her look was hurting me. It looked disappointed, sad even.

I had pulled her back in, sure and showed them that she was mine, and my friends weren't too happy about that.

She was rested under my arm now, her head tucked into my chest. It felt natural, to have her sit like that.

The bell rang and I got up and walked her to her first class. I wasn't in it, and that bothered me. But I saw one of her brothers, Brody I think, walk up towards the door.

I handed her over with a nod and walked to my class. I had music.

I was in the classroom, sitting on the green carpeted floor, when Michael and a few of his friends walked up and sat by me.

"Yes?" I asked them, putting my music book down.

"Who was she?" Michael hissed.

"My mate." I reply calmly.

"That's not what I meant, Alpha, and you know it." He says.

I sigh, thinking that this is going to be a long period.

"Well, her names Arianna Anderson, and before you hassle me, she is in the Anderson's pack. But she is my mate, so give her some slack." I ask of them.

"Something doesn't seem right about her, though. Or you for that matter. You haven't seemed right since you missed that day of school." Michael argues.

I hadn't told them what happened, and they weren't in my gym when Ari burst through the window.

I sighed. "You might want to get comfy, it's a long story." I warn.

I told them everything. From when I saw her getting dinner with her brothers, to when we were kidnapped, to why I had to mate her, and about the silver light we share.

"Wow, man, we didn't know." Michael apologizes.

"It's okay, but you have to cut some slack for the Anderson's now. I've only just been able to get Ari to like me. I mean, she hated me at first." I cringe at the thought.

"Yeah, we can do that!" They say excitedly.

"Oh, and can you do me a favour? Can you spread the word that I've scheduled a pack meeting this afternoon? Everyone has to come." I ask.

"Sure mate, we can do that." They give me a mischievous smile.