Chapter Forty-Six

Hey peoples!! Sorry for not uploading sooner, I had no time to do anything with my new story! please check it out if you have time!!

oh, and this story has one more chapter after this until it's finished. sorry again! I'm so sad it's finishing :'(

anyways, please enjoy!

kiara

=)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------- Chapter Forty-Six --------------------

(Ash's POV) 

I sneak a glance at Ari running beside me. She stares, scowling a little as she catches me staring, again. She nips my shoulder, seeming to laugh a little. I turn and tackle her, rolling her over and pinning her small body under my larger one. 

She squirms and twists under me, but I press harder against her, making her sit still. 

I don't mind being stronger than her and larger than her, I think. It works to my benefit, anyways.  

I look down at her, marvelling at the brightness in her yellow eyes. They stand out against her white fur, giving her a young, immature look. It makes her seem even more adorable than before. 

Ari turns her head to the side, reaching up a little and licking the side of my face in a sort of wolf-like kiss. I automatically turn my face into it, remembering every beautiful detail about her beautiful body.  

My body relaxes as she continues licking my face, smoothing the fur that's there. A low rumbling sound comes from me. It sounds a lot like purring to me. 

I turn my head the other way, licking the side of her face once, rubbing my nose against hers and sort of smiling, though it probably looks like a grimace on my wolf.  

She smiles as well, nudging me with her cold nose. 

All I could feel was the heat radiating off her body and onto mine, leaving a bunch of sparks in its wake. It was a numbing feeling, leaving me feeling excited all over. My tail starts wagging.  

I could hear the stream further away, and it is a calming sound. The leaves of the trees rustled in the slight wind. Birds chirp leisurely.  

Something disturbed the calm though. It was the sound of four sets of paws coming this way as quietly as they could. I could hear them with my heightened senses, but I couldn't smell their scent when I sniffed the air.  

I growled slightly at the threat they may pose to me or my mate, making Ari look up at me, a question clear in her eyes.  

In a flat second I had rolled off of Ari and dragged her back away the edge of the clearing by where we were by the ruff of her neck. I want her protected at all times. The four wolves came into view, spreading out in front of us. The four growled, standing in a threatening way.