Chapter Ten

-------------------- Chapter Ten --------------------

(Ash's POV)

Her breathing was dangerously slow, and I was panicking as I ran. 

"Seth, run ahead and tell Jace! Tell him everything you saw!!" I yelled at him, my alpha voice booming without me meaning for it too.

He nodded and ran ahead; it was easier to run without a wolf on your back, even if she is small for a wolf. I raced on, as hard as I could. My legs were protesting but I ignored them. I was so not letting this girl die on me now.

I don't care if she hates me and never wants to see me again, as long as she lives I'll be grateful. I saw my house, the door left open ready for me to come in.

Jace had hurriedly set up all his equipment that he kept at my house. If anyone in my pack had a training accident, this would come in handy, he had said. I was so relieved I had let him keep it here.

I raced into the house and Jace lifted Ari off my back and onto the medical table he had left. I had given him a spare room  to use if someone ever got hurt.

I shifted and pulled clothes on. I watched as he felt her pulse while looking at his watch.

While I was putting clothes on she had shifted and Jace had put clothes on her.

"She's barely breathing..." He whispered.

"Tell me everything about this... Silver light." He demands.

"It appears from inside her body when she's in trouble or her emotions run wild. She sort of knows how to control it. When it appears it's ragged, but when it moulds with mine, its power doubles and it becomes smooth." I say in one quick breath.

"Did you say yours?" He asks.

"Yes."

"And the power doubles when combined?" He continues.

"Yes."

"How does it combine?"

"When it's out, it finds hers, or I stand near her and they mould." I say quickly, still staring at her face. Her muzzle is bleeding lightly where it hit the rocks.

Jace thinks for a second before he tells me to get the light out of myself.

"I can't do that! Only she can! I don't know how!" I moan in desperation.

"Then you only have one option, but you might not like it-" 

But I cut him off. "How?" I demand.

"You have to mark her." Those words startle me.

"Why?" I practically whisper.

"By you claiming her, you share everything with her. It's like that with any pair of mates. By doing this, this... light should be shared as well, doubling her chances of surviving."

"But I can't do that to her! She hates me!" I remind him.

"Do you want her to die Ash?!" He yells.

Her body shifts because she has no energy to stay in wolf form.

And as if on cue, she takes a deep breath, the sheet over her bare body, before her chest sinks and stops moving.

My heart freezes.

Jace runs around to me and shoves my face into the side of her neck. The smell of her is so strong, and I want her so much to be mine, only mine...