Chapter Forty

Ok, here it is!!

 this story is ending soon, i wanted to know if i should do a sequal? Anyone have any ideas forme if i do decide to do a sequal????

-------------------- Chapter Forty --------------------

(Ash's POV)

There was something off about Ari; she seemed more worried than before, ever since her Father called her into his study. 

I didn't listen in; I don't think she would have appreciated me eaves dropping. 

I watched her as she got ready for school, tugging her bag over one of her shoulders, and pulling my shirt straight on her body. 

She still refused to wear hers. 

I thought she looked better in hers. But I like seeing her in mine, especially when my scent rubbed off on her. It only made her mine more. God, I love that girl way too much for my own good.

"Ari, what's wrong?" I ask for the tenth time, because she wouldn't tell me last night, or this morning. 

She shakes her head again.  

"We should be getting Adrian to pre-school." She reminds me, picking Adrian up and carrying him out to my car, before then strapping him in the back seat and climbing in the front passenger seat. 

I start the car, driving out of the driveway while listening to Adrian chatter. 

"Missy said that today we get to play outside on the play equipment." He says, smiling at the thought. 

"Really? That's good." I say, sneaking quick glances at Ari, who is silent and muddled with her own thoughts. 

"But as long as we have a hat on, otherwise we're not allowed to, even though it's winter and the suns not shining." He continues. 

I make an agreeing noise and nod, sort of half listening to him talking, sort of half wondering what Ari is thinking about.  

"You should wear a hat outside." I say. 

"That's why I got my hat today. So Missy has to let me and my friends play outside because we all probably got our hats." Adrian continues, holding his hat up for me to see to know he isn't lying. 

"That's good." I say. 

"We're going to ask Missy if we can play in the sandpit today, because yesterday we weren't allowed." Adrian says. 

"Why not?" I ask. 

"Because the sand had to be cleaned, which the worker men came and did yesterday." He says. 

"Why did it have to be cleaned?" I ask. 

"Because there was leaves and dirt in it, and Missy and the other teachers didn't want us to hurt ourselves or get too dirty." He explains. 

I nod again. 

"What else are you doing today?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the road. 

"Well, its movie afternoon, so we get to watch a movie instead of learning." Adrian says, his eyes lighting up at the prospect of watching a movie. 

"That's good." I say, finding a parking spot at the day care, and stopping the car while Ari gets out and unbuckles Adrian, putting on a smile for his sake. 

I can see she is still worried.

I hate it that she won't tell me what it is. Maybe I could help?

We walk together and I sign Adrian in, and watch as he runs to put his bag in the bag room, while Missy comes over to Ari and me. 

"Hey Ash. How are you an Adrian today?" She asks, completely ignoring Ari standing right next to me. I though Missy liked Ari.