Chapter Thirty-Seven

Sorry about the long wait -again.

I'm going away for the next week so there will be no uploads in a while, but as soon as i get back i will post the next chapter after this, ok?

thanks for reading!

please comment, vote and fan!!

from kiara xoxo

=)

-------------------- Chapter Thirty-Seven --------------------

(Ari's POV)

Drifting between the space of unconsciousness and the line of differences is a boring experience. Nothing of significance happens.

I watch as the difference line, as I know realise it is, expands and grows, to accommodate whatever it needs. 

The line is the difference between everything, love and hate; light and dark; purple and pink; dogs and cats; whatever you can think off. 

Unconsciousness is just black... space. Nothing there, no thoughts or colours or feelings even. It is bare and blank, only black space where nothing can be seen or heard, and it is something that is becoming familiar to me.  

I sigh, the first noise that has escaped me in who knows how long. 

I happily start to move towards consciousness, feelings returning to my body. 

My eyes flutter open, and I automatically lean over the side of the bed to vomit in the awaiting bucket, feeling sick and light headed again. 

Someone pats my back, leaving sparks as they do.  

"Are you feeling better Ari?" Ash asks, worry filling his voice as he pats my back and holds up the bucket. 

I fall to my side, facing him. He wipes a face washer over my scorching forehead, cooling it briefly.  

"A little bit." I whisper, my voice hoarse. I smile weakly at him, seeing his face relax slightly. 

"Do you need to see Jace or Matt?" He asks, getting ready to call on either of them to see to me. I reach out to grip his hand, which takes a lot of my strength. 

"No, stay." I ask, holding his hand weakly.

His face crumbles into desperation, but he sits back down on the chair beside his bed. I tug weakly at his hand, inviting him to lie beside me, because I can see the bags under his eyes from staying up to long.  

He lies beside me, still holding my hand, but not close enough for my comfort.  

I frown, a sad look coming in my face as I close my eyes without the effort of keeping them open.