Dating Plans

• Dedicated to Abegail

I'd be lying if I said that it didn't break my heart when I heard Chase say that he'll finally ask Amber to be his girlfriend. Right then, I knew that our friendship was about to conquer another obstacle. It hurts a lot. I felt my heart break into a million pieces.

I was also aware that once he asked her to be his girlfriend, things will change. I might lose my title as his best friend. I can't do certain things with him anymore. I have to ask his girlfriend's permission first before going out with him. Was I even allowed to go out with someone who has a girlfriend? Can I still call him baby? Will he still call me his princess? I might even move my seat in our lunch table because his girlfriend should be the one seating beside him. Is it wrong to secretly love your best friend when he's with his girfriend who aso happened to be your best friend?

I didnt know what to expect. It was his first time to have a girlfriend, afterall. How was I

supposed to know those kind of things?

I left after Chase told me that. He asked me to help him set up a very romantic dinner with the "love of his life". Of course, I was being my usual self so I agreed to it. I spent the rest of the day thinking of how to make their dinner romanntic but not cliché. And suddenly an idea popped into my head.

I dialed Chase's number in my phone. It rung twice before he answered it.

"Hey Princess!"

"Hey baby."

"So...did you miss me that's why you called me?"

"Cocky much? Get over yourself, Court."

He chuckled.

"So why did you call me?"

"I already got a plan!" I sung.

"Good then."

"But I'm not sure if you would like--"

"Princess, I'm leaving you in charge in all of this, okay?"