The New Guy

• Dedicated to the guy best friend i fell in love with (he still doesn't know it)

"Ouch!" I yelped.

I landed on my butt as my books got scattered on the floor.

"Just great!" I muttered sarcastically.

"I'm sorry." the figure that collided with me apologized as he held out his hand.

"It's okay." I took his hand and he helped me stood up.

As I got up, I looked at the person who collided with me.

Oh my gosh! He's hot! Next to Chase, that is. He has green eyes that can mesmerize any girl. He also has red lips which was pretty hard to avoid staring at. He also has six-pack abs. He was wearing a white shirt that clung to his body perfectly. His six-pack wasn't as hot as Chase's eight-pack was. But it's still yummy. Wait. Did I just say that? No way. As I stared at his eyes, he was also staring at me. Oh, darn it. The hot guy caught me gawking. He caught me checking him out. Way to go, Sam.

"So..." I mumbled.

"So..."

We laughed. The awkward moment when you made a fool of yourself in front of a hot guy. I glared at the floor wishing it could swallow me up. The guy was hit but I've nver seen him before. So he must be the new student Amber was talking about.

"I see you're the new student."

"Yeah."

"I'm Samantha Anderson. But you can call me Sam." I held out my hand.

He shook my hand, "And I'm Jake. Jake McDuff."

I smiled. "So, good luck in your first day."

"Uh, I don't think I'll be lucky on my first day."

"Why do you say so?"

"Well, I don't even know where my first class is."

He glanced at his watch. "Five minutes before the bell."

"How about I walk you to your class?" I offered.

"Really? Wow. First, I bumped into a pretty girl and now she's ffering to walk me to my class. I'm taking back what I said. This must be my lucky day."

I blushed at what he said.

We started walking.

"You'll be late in your class if you walk me to mine." he said.

"Oh,don't worry about it. What's your first period anyway?" I asked.

"English with Mr. Matthieu."