Wingman

• Dedicated to Mitchell

I slept with Chase after we reconciled. Not slept as in I slept with him. Slept like we just slept. I called Jake to tell him I couldn't sleep over his house. I also told him about my decision. Jake said it was cool with him but I should be careful not to break my heart. The week has been a mess for me. To think it was only the start of school year. I already accepted the fact that my best friends are in love with each other. No matter how painful it is, I have to stay as their friend. I shouldn't have acted like a jealous girlfriend when I found out the truth. I was ashamed for avoiding Chase and Amber. I felt so immature for throwing a fit. But Jake and Rose told me that my behavior was reasonable. No one should expect me to love the idea of my best friends being in love with each other. They were trying to ease my guilt and they succeeded. I didn't exactly like the idea of my best friends dating. I mean, what will happen to me? I'd be the third wheel. I HATE being the third wheel. But the truth remains. No one and nothing,not even me, can stop them from loving each other.

I woke up as I felt huge hands shaking me.

"Princess."

A shove. But I remained asleep.

"Princess."

A harder shove.

"Princess, wake up, come on. Time to get up."

"Hmmm..."

"Princess, you're gonna be late for school."

I mumbled incoherently.

"What were you saying?"

"I'm tired. I need sleep or I'll die."

"You should have slept earlier last night. But instead, you wasted your time watching stupid girly shows."

"Gossip Girl and 90210 are not stupid shows!" I defended.

"Whatever. Just get up now. I made pancakes for your breakfast."