Tigers

This is another continuation of feline abuse.

Let's start out with Thailand's Tiger Temple.

This article from National Geographic was posted June 20 2016:

Last week when wildlife department officers were seizing the monasteries 137 tigers, they discovered 60 frozen and bottled tiger cub carcasses and pelts and a cache of other endangered species parts and products. Tiger skins were found inside the abbot’s private residence during the operation, Adisorn said, (Adisorn Nuchdumrong is deputy director of Thailand’s Department of National Parks, Wildlife, and Plant Conservation)

They say about 10 female tigers were lactating, yet no living cubs were found amongst the 137 tigers.

The last paragraph of this article on National Geographic states:

On Tuesday, a police raid on a house some 30 miles from the temple found four more tigers within a fenced compound. In a statement, police Colonel Montri Pancharoen said, “We believe it was used by the Tiger Temple to hold live tigers before slaughtering them for their skins, meat and bones to be exported outside the country, or sent to restaurants in Thailand that serve tiger meat to tour groups.” Two caretakers at the house were taken into custody. Authorities seized the property and are searching for the owner. Exporting tigers or their parts is illegal.

Moving on, tigers are also killed for their bones because in certain places they are crushed and put into stew because they supposedly heal.

Another thing, circuses. Have you ever noticed tigers and other big cats pace when they are in cages?

 Have you ever noticed tigers and other big cats pace when they are in cages?

This explains my thoughts perfectly.

Poor baby...

Imagine you were a tiger.

Cool, right? But imagine you're a tiger at a circus...

That's a different story, it would go more like this:

You were kept at 104 degree fahrenheit for about three hours straight, or more, with barley any food or water, all while entertaining hundreds of people.

Not so cool anymore?

Moving onto zoo's.

I'm not going to start ranting, because most zoo's are very caring and kind with their animals, yet some aren't.

Tigers are meant to be in the wild, unless it has a disability, it should be left alone.

This reminds me of a story of Nora the polar bear, where when she was born, her mother abandoned her and stopped taking care of her (this was at Columbus Zoo I believe).

This may sound cruel, but the caretakers didn't know what to do, because if they left her alone, she would die, if they took her in, she would never learn to be a polar bear.

They ended up sending her to Oregon Zoo so she could have proper caretakers who could teach her to be a polar bear all while raising her correctly.

Now, I don't follow the story, but my mother does, so I hear a lot about it.

This is a video of Nora

Now you're probably thinking "Why are you talking about a polar bear when this chapter is titled tigers?"

Because we humans should learn to leave animals alone and let them live wild. This goes to every species. In the wild they are kept balanced and can reproduce.

But the reason they are going endangered is because of us.

It's a different story when they are endangered and they are protecting them.

It's also a different story when they weren't born in the wild.