[Chapter 11] - Ice Skating

Judy wasn't alone. That was one thing she knew for sure, no matter how hard times got. She would often think this, just like tonight.

She wasn't necessarily feeling unhappy, but the thought was triggered while she lay in Nick's arms. Her body was pressed against his stomach, rising and falling with each breath. His arms pulled her close, which she openly gave into.

They were in their hotel room, just about to fall asleep when Nick spoke softly.

"Judy?"

"Yes?"

"Do you want to go on a date?"

"It's a little late for that."

Nick chucked. "Obviously, but I mean tomorrow. I just realized that we haven't gone on an official date as official boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Oh... Well that's great and all, but we have work."

"Come on, Carrots," Nick whined. "We have an entire week to do, let's face it, nothing."

Judy considered. She didn't want to abandon her assignment, but what better way to be undercover than go on a casual date?

"Okay fine, but we have to make sure Austin and Kathy are okay with it."

"Great!" Nick said. "And I know just the place..."

***

"Ice skating? Are you sure?"

"What's wrong with it?" Nick asked.

"Well nothing," Judy said. "For me anyways. But for you... Do you even know how to ice skate?"

"How hard can it be?"

Nick and Judy stood in front of a stall renting skates. They bought their pairs and went to sit down on a bench. Nick was having a bit of trouble getting them on.

"Need some help?" Judy smirked.

"No! I've almost got it..." Nick insisted, finally managing to get one skate on. He looked at the second one and sighed.

After another five minutes, they both finally had their skates on. They stood in front of the frozen lake, waiting for a group of animals to pass by. When it was clear, Judy slid onto the ice, making a sharp turn around to face Nick.

He was beginning to come onto the ice. With the first he step, he lost his balance and nearly fell.

Regaining his balance, Nick began to slide towards Judy. He was nearly there when his feet slipped, causing him to fall and land on his rear.

Judy laughed while looking down at Nick.

"Oh hush it, fluff," Nick muttered.

Judy extended her paw out to the fox. He unwillingly took it and was pulled up from the ice.

"You okay?" Judy asked, still grinning.

He nodded his head as he began to blush. Judy could tell when he blushed by the way his face seemed to get redder, even with the fur.

She began to lead him further into onto the ice. He was a bit shaky, but continued to maintain his balance.

"There you go... Your getting it..."

"Hey, Carrots I think I'm starting to get this!"

Soon, him and her were holding paws while gliding around the lake. There were a few stares, but nothing would mess this up.

Nick fell a few times but got right back up. Afterwards, the two of them got some hot chocolate. It heated up their insides with a rich, sweet flavor that the two loved dearly.

They then began walking to no where in particular, but holding free paws. They laughed and talked, remembering the times Nick fell, the time he crashed into an elephant, and many more memories that had been made in just one day.

They both stopped walking for a moment. Emerald eyes met amethyst, and their breaths slowed. Slowly, they leaned in towards each other and kissed. The coldness went away for the time that their lips were pressed against each other. Judy's paws wrapped around Nick's neck, not even releasing when the kiss ended. They pulled away, looking into each others eyes and falling in love all over again.

They were about to head back to their hotel room when suddenly Judy's phone rang. She reached her paw into her pocket and pulled out her phone. She answer it.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Judy," she recognized the voice as Kathy's. "I know you're on your date, but this is really important. Remember the group that Alyssa was talking about? Well, we just saw one leave the cake shop with a single box, and then they disappeared into the alley behind the shop. We need you both back here right away."

Judy didn't have a chance to respond as Kathy hung up. Her gaze slowly turned to Nick, a concerned look on both their faces.

"It's time to leave."