Prologue: The Blue Night ch.0

*

"Cyan is a remarkable and very unique girl--she may be a bit---"

Here Rine seemed to trip over her words, biting her rosy lips. She twirled the ends of her long orange silky hair in between her pale fingers.

"--different." Virg continued.

Rine was glad for Virg's quick thinking. He always had been the smartest of the two. She relaxed for just a second as she squeezed this handsome man's hand.

His eyes were locked ahead, staring intently with that solemn blue hue that Rine adored. His face was rather muscular, the slightest of mustaches growing above his thin lips. He wore his usual semi-formal attire, a deep purple half jacket pinned closely to his white tux-like shirt and thin waist. This was complimented by the jet black dress pants and elegant top hat. His black curls held closely to his head, the tips moving just for a second when he moved.

They met glances for a second, both worried about the outcome of this interview. They crossed their fingers for their young girl Cyan to stay outside of the grand building.

Virg stared worriedly at Rine, watching her bite her soft lips and her hazel orange eyes glance back, then return hesitantly. Her usually soft rosy skin and flushed cheeks were pale. She was picking at the fabric of her black fine dress. The dress held her body upright, which he knew she needed no help with either way. The dark dress brought out the vibrancy of her features, and so every time Virg glanced over, his eyes lingered.

They sat in comfortable red velvet chairs adorned in gold linings which seemed a tad strange in this time, but strange enough to be considered elegant. The room itself echoed this style, with its grand high cieling and smooth granite floors.

Just behind them was the opening to where their "different" child twirled in the snowy grass. They both took turns glancing back to assure that the child was still smiling, safe, and not approaching.

"And what of this incident?" Remarked the large elegant woman.

The woman sat behind a grand desk, leaning over to get a closer look of the paper before her, causing the chair to creak under her weight. She pressed her small glasses further up her circular nose, glancing up at the fidgety couple before her. They seemed ready to jump up and snatch the paper from her fingers, and she wasn't all that wrong.

"Inconformacy? Disorderly conduct, Assault, Resisting arrest? And according to her former teacher--'Cyan is everything but an angel. Kids like those belong in a jailhouse of their own--she actually bit my arm like some kind of imp and security had to drag her away.'"

The broad woman raised her brows towards Rine and Virg. They both shifted to the edge of their seat--dark blue and honey orange eyes locking into the woman's.

"Cyan is not like that--please, she was just--" Virg attempted to defend.

"We promise that she does none of that--" Rine cried.

"He said we were stupid."

The group stared at each other for a second. Rine and Virg tensed, they had been distracted.

Between the couple, stood a young girl, no more than ten. She wore a cute fluffy brown coat, the sleeves rolled up and her hands held behind her back. Her black short skirt was crumpled and held bits of leaves, which clung to her tights and to her fluffy brown boots. She walked over to the desk, seeing that the desk was almost her height, and setting her chin upon the edge.