Trust [Anthony x Reader] (Request)

Author's Ideas: As requested by DWN024ShadowMan ! FUCK YEAH SCHOOL'S OUT-
For two weeks, at least. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few of these out, when I'm not busy whipping up angsty artwork as Christmas gifts for everyone, but I digress. Anyways, enjoy!

Trust

"I think we're going to go visit Ryoma and Azura." Kaze said. Felicia hummed in agreement, and Jakob nodded, turning to you.

"What about you, (Y/N)?"

"I have to get back home. Sakura sent me a text saying that she put another batch of brownies in the oven, and you know how good her pastries are." You smiled, and Anthony chuckled.

"I'll go with (Y/N), then. You all have fun!"

Waving goodbye to your departing group of friends, you continued down the sidewalk beside Anthony. 

He reached for your hand, and you let him hold it, your fingers intertwining as you continued in comfortable silence down the path to your home.

Eventually a multi-storied house appeared before you, and you climbed the steps to the door with ease, Anthony following you.

"Thanks for walking me home." You said, releasing his hand.

"No problem. I'll see you tomorrow." Anthony smiled, leaning up to give you a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks, Anthony." You smiled back, waving goodbye as you fished out the keys to your house.

You shut the door behind you, humming quietly to yourself as you took off your coat and hanging it on the coat hanger by the door.

"Hey, (Y/N)." Hinoka smiled.

Of your siblings, Ryoma and Azura were the only one working. Hinoka had been fortunate enough to find a job position being offered, and was going through interviews and the like. Azura attended university like you, but she took morning classes and worked an afternoon shift at a restaurant alongside Ryoma. Takumi and Sakura were still enrolled in high school, and came home earlier than you did because you'd taken the afternoon university classes.

"Welcome back, (Y/N)." Sakura murmured quietly.

You reached out, ruffling her hair affectionately. "Hi, Sakura. Where's Takumi?"

"He's outside. Today's Wednesday, so Takumi doesn't have much homework. He decided to practice archery."

"Thanks, Sakura." You said, reaching for a brownie out of the bunch that Sakura had just baked.

Munching on the snack, you opened the back door.

True to Sakura's word, Takumi was outside, firing away at the archery target attached to the large tree in the backyard.

"Takumi!" You called out. He stopped picking at his bowstring and looked up at you, his face sullen. However, his eyes lit up when he saw the brownie piece in your hand.

"Are they ready?" He asked cautiously.

"Yeah, they are." You smiled. He made no move to step inside of the house, and you approached him cautiously. "Takumi?"

"I saw you with your boyfriend." He frowned, looking at you.

You blinked in confusion, tilting your head. "Is something wrong?"

"It's just... I can't... I don't trust him!" Takumi blurted out. "I'm sorry. I know he's your boyfriend, and that I should believe in him and let you guys work this out, but I just... I can't just take your word for it. I don't trust him."

He looked up at you, and you smiled at him, ignoring the thorn that dug into you. "It's fine, Takumi. A little skepticism is normal for someone when their sibling gets into a relationship."

Takumi sighed. "I guess."

"I'll be fine, I promise." You smiled, and he smirked back.

"Yeah... I'm sure you will be. By the way, did you say the brownies were ready?"

"Yes, Takumi, they are." You laughed, trying to cover up the worry that now ran rampant in you. Takumi was right. There was something off about Anthony, something about him that rubbed everyone the wrong way, yourself included.

But for now, those were all minor issues in the presence of your love, because love conquers all.