No Doubt [Laurent x Reader] (Request)

As requested by KatyLaHue !
This one was a doozy, partially because I'm not quite sure how to write Laurent, and I'm not quite fond of him (sorry). How that turned into hours of Wikia reading, I'll never be very certain.
I hope you didn't mind the wait, I'm really sorry!
Enjoy~

P. S.: ALSO 1K READS??????? HOLY SHIT I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN I NEED TO GET MY BUTT IN ACTION
OKAY BUT YOU GUYS CAN ALSO FOLLOW ME ON FANFICTION MY USERNAME IS RoyaltyJunk5 AGAIN THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! I LOVE YOU ALL!

No Doubt

"Laurent?"

You pulled back the flaps to the tent, a concerned feelings brewing in your mind. Your husband had been gone the entire afternoon, and, despite Miriel's insistence that he attend his wife's tactical meetings, you had persisted back that he would be fine. Now, however, it was late evening and you still had no clue as to where he was.

You let out a relieved sigh as you noticed Laurent, hunched over the small wooden desk in your room.

He turned as you shuffled into the tent, smiling at you. "Ah, (Y/N). Good evening."

You huffed. "Laurent, you skipped dinner tonight. What research is so important that it will keep a man from eating?"

Laurent sighed, stretching before he stood up. He laid his quill pen down and stepped over the walls of tomes and books before he stood in front of you.

You scowled at him, and he used a hand to reposition his glasses before he spoke.

"(Y/N), I'm sure you're aware of the... problems that occur when I stay in this timeline."

Your face fell. "Oh, Laurent..."

He smiled reassuringly. "Rest assured, love. This is no bad news."

"Laurent, if you stay in this timeline, too many people will wonder why you look, act, and even sound so much Miriel. We can't tell them you're her son, plus the fact that Laurent has already been born in this world. It's too dangerous here, Laurent. I... I would love to stay with you, but-"

"Hush, love. I never finished." He flashed you an enthusiastic smile as he leaned to grab the papers scattered over the table, and you couldn't help smile at his enthusiasm.

"I've figured out one solution."

You arched an eyebrow at him. "Really now?"

"You won't like it much, but the only solution is to leave."

"Leave?" Your face paled, and Laurent gave you a concerned look."

"(Y/N), are you alright?"

You shook your head. "I can't leave Laurent. What's Chrom going to do? Lucina just recently left, and baby Lucina is deathly sick. Plus, Morgan's still a newborn. We can't leave among this disaster."

Laurent smiled. "I knew you would say that."

He strides over to where you stood and enveloped you in a hug. You buried your face into his shoulder. Pursing your lips together, you whispered a sorry.

"No need to apologize, (Y/N). I will find something out. I promise you. I'll find a way that won't make us leave our families behind."

"Promise me, okay, Laurent?"

"I promise. No doubt about it, love."