With Strength [Kaze x Reader] (Request)

Author's Ideas: As requested by Xenotsuki ! So sorry for the wait, I hope you enjoy.
(Kaze'salsomyhusbandwhichmayormaynothavemadethisone-shotwayeasierthananyotherbutwhocares)
BIG PSA: REQUESTS ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

With Strength

You couldn't banish the thought from your mind.

Kaze had almost died.

You curled up, hugging your legs close to your chest. You felt numb, and your hands could still feel the cracks of the rock cliff. Your heart was still pounding, and it was as if you were floating, with nothing to hold onto.

There was murmuring outside of your private quarters, and you hugged your knees closer. The door opened, and Kaze bowed to Ryoma.

"Thank you, Lord Ryoma. Please, get some rest."

"Of course. Don't overwork yourself either." Ryoma nodded, and Kaze closed the door before approaching you.

"Kaze..." You murmured.

"Dear, I am alright. It is you I am concerned with." The ninja murmured quietly, taking your hand in his. He ran his thumbs mindlessly over your knuckles, and you bit your lip, trying to hold back tears.

"Dear?" The concern was eminent in his voice, and you couldn't help but burst out in tears.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I just... I-I need a moment..." You swallowed, breathing heavily.

Without a word, Kaze pulled you closer, stroking your (h/c) hair. You sniffed, clenching your fist around his shirt.

"You almost died..." You spoke softly into his chest.

"I'm still here."

"You almost died." You stated firmly.

"(Y/N), I have no intentions of dying anytime soon." Kaze responded.

"This is war, Kaze! Promising doesn't do anything..." You whispered dejectedly, pulling back to look at him. "Maybe we should just stop seeing each other..."

The ninja grasped your shoulders, shaking his head. "Even if you try to stop us, you know that we can never be apart."

"Yes, but-"

Kaze pulled you to your feet, kissing you lightly. "Dear- no, (Y/N). I promise you. I promise you, I will be safer from now on."

"Can you really say that!?" You burst out into tears.

"Dear, this conversation is simply going in circles. Do you not trust me?" He murmured.

"Of course I do! I just..." You faltered off trying to think of a good answer. After a few moments of silence, you spoke up. "I want proof."

He blinked. "Proof?"

"Yes. Proof, something you'll hold onto to prove to me that you'll stay safe no matter what." You clutched his hands, and he squeezed back affirmatively.

"Very well. Give me just a minute- I have the exact thing right here." Kaze let go of your hands, reaching into his pocket. When he withdrew his hand, he had his fingers clenched in a fist.

"Kaze?" You asked hesitantly.

He dropped to one knee, and you gasped audibly.

"K-Kaze?" You were stammering now, face flushed.

"(Y/N)," he began, "I have known you for so long, and have been your lover for so little. Yet, even as I consider our lives together, there is no other person I would want to spend my life with."

Kaze uncurled his hand, and you covered your mouth with your hands. A beautiful ring lay in his palm.

"Please, (Y/N). If you want proof, you have your proof. Your proof... is my love. Will you marry me?"

You started to sob. "Kaze... Yes! Oh, of course I will!"

The man stood swiftly, removing your hands from your mouth and kissing you. You smiled, and his fingers searched for yours.

He pulled away, taking your right hand in his left. He looked at you, the ring in his fingers. You nodded, and he slipped the golden band onto your finger.

"It's beautiful." You murmured, observing it. It was made of gold, with a beautiful gemstone embedded into it.

Kaze smiled, and you smiled back.

"I knew you could stay strong for me, (Y/N)."