Relationships [Hinata x Reader] (Request)

A/N: As requested by FEGirl ! I'm so sorry for the wait! High school is really getting to me, but I'll try to get on with the requests that have been waiting!

Based on one of Hinata's My Room lines. I saw it and had to write this one-shot based on it. This happens after the chapter you recruit him in during Birthright, though there are no spoilers.

Enjoy~

Relationships

The door to your small tree house opened, and you looked up to see Hinata walking in. You smiled at the brown-haired samurai. "Hinata! Thanks for coming to visit!"

"Hiya, (Y/N)!"

Your gaze fell over the scars along his arms. Earlier, in the battle at Cheve, a knight had assaulted you, and Hinata had taken the hit for you, just barely saving you. Blood had dripped down his arms, and you had screamed for help.

"Are you okay, Hinata?"

"Don't worry, (Y/N). Hinata's here! I'll give you some relationship advice."

"Wh-What!?" You shrieked, your cheeks flushed. "I was asking about your injuries! Not relationship advice!"

"I'm fine! Besides, Oboro has stuffed me with relationship advice that I should tell! So I'll tell you!"

"Oboro?"

"Yeah! Didn't you know that she loooooooves Lord Takumi? She keeps dreaming and thinking, and she says it out loud way too much."

"That's...interesting." You chuckled, scratching your head before glaring at him. "Hey! Wait a minute! I asked you to come here for your injuries! Stop getting us off track!"

"I told you, I'm fine!" Hinata huffed.

"Hinata, listen to me!" The samurai stayed silent, and you continued speaking.

"Please, allow me a few words. You saved my life in that battle. I wouldn't be here if not for you. I... I am truly grateful for the sacrifice you performed for me. I know you might be acting under orders, but it doesn't matter to me. You saved my life."

Hinata looked as if he was going to say something, and then thought better of it and shut his mouth. You continued.

"I don't know how to repay you, I-"

Suddenly, he took hold of your shoulders. Ignoring your flailing arms and stammering sentences, he pressed his lips to yours, a smirk on his lips.

"Mmph!" You gasped, grasping at thin air. Hinata broke away, laughing.

"Ha ha! You should see your face!"

"Hi-Hinata!" You squeaked, covering your flaming face with your hands. He doubled over even harder, falling to his knees.

"Oh, that was priceless!" He snickered. "That was great, but I think I need to go. Lord Takumi asked for me to be at the training grounds around sundown."

"A-ah... sure..." Your face was still hot, and you trailed after Hinata as he opened the door, stepping outside onto the porch in front of your quarters.

All of a sudden, the samurai turned around and looked at you.

"Look, this may be a little premature, but... I've seen you grow a lot. I've been there beside you, and... I think I might like you, (Y/N). So, as repayment, could you answer me back?" Hinata smiled.

"Me... too..." You murmured.

"So... I'll see you later? Maybe... tomorrow night?"

You nodded shyly and closed the door before you could regret everything you'd agreed to.