The Warmth Within [Takumi x Elise] (Request)

A/N: As requested by CelestiaStarlight ! I'm sorry for the wait!
*Dies because this is exactly 1200 words at the time of finishing this.*
Longest. Piece. Ever.
Even though I personally don't like doing the cross-Royal family pairings, I feel like this one-shot is one of my better pieces.
What conceited writer likes their own writing?!
I do. Your local socially awkward tactician.
Warning: Major Conquest spoilers.
Enjoy~

The Warmth Within

Elise always wondered what the Hoshidan royals had been like.

Due to the large expanse of enemies swarming Port Dia, she'd been forced to stand back and heal the wounded from the back lines. She never caught a glimpse of the younger Hoshidan prince.

Sickness had corrupted her body, and had caused her to be unable to contribute the battle of Palace Macareth. She never heard the crown prince speak.

They had split paths to conquer the Sevenfold Sanctuary, and the group that Elise had been with had reached the main room last. The other team had seized the throne before they could even arrive. Elise never felt the beating of the pegasus wings that the older princess rode.

With the vast amount of enemies that swarmed the battlefield that Princess Sakura guarded, Elise was put in the back lines to heal and pick off remaining enemies. The Nohrian girl had never smelled the scent of the cherry blossoms that the younger princess of Hoshido was named after.

The blonde princess stood behind the white rock wall that Camilla had raised with the Dragon Vein. Smiling at her sister, Elise raised her head over the craggy cover to see what was happening before her.

A purple-infested silver-haired male let out a cry, an aura of bright violet pulsating from his body before exploding into separate waves that shot straight for them. Elise squeaked and ducked behind the rock wall.

Waves of purple crashed into the white crystal wall, blasting it to bits. Elise held her arms before her, the dust and debris cluttering her vision.

Slowly, the explosion's impacts died away, and Elise clutched her tome tighter, nudging her horse forward to follow Corrin.

The princess watched as her older sister swing the Shadow Yato in her hand, slicing at the possessed prince of Hoshido's corpse.

She screamed as she watched Corrin double over as a chiseled arrow of darkness pierced through her, rushing forward with her Mend staff in hand. Camilla held her back, pointing to the Physic staff that Forrest had lent her.

Elise simply nodded, her eyes clouded with tears as she traded the staves and raised the Physic above her head. A green magic surrounded Corrin, and she smiled at Elise in gratitude.

Azura's voice hummed from behind Corrin, and the princess, invigorated, slashed at Takumi to land the killing blow.

The prince made an unearthly sound, and everyone crowded around to watch the violet aura disappear from his body.

Corrin laid her hand on her brother's chest, a sad smile on her face as she uttered her last words.

Elise wasn't paying attention. She was staring at Takumi, taking in his surprising handsomeness.