By the Lake [Corrin x Reader] (Request)

A/N: As requested by CelestiaStarlight ~ I'm so sorry for the wait!
Takes place near the end of Birthright, no spoilers. Other than that, enjoy~

I also wanted to remind you guys that your requests don't have to necessarily be character x reader shots. They can be character x character shots too!

By the Lake

You sighed, your (h/c) strands falling in front of your eyes. Quietly, you walked to the edge of the lake.

It has been a rough day, and you had decided to step out of the astral plane that everyone was staying in for some peace and quiet. You smiled, remembering how Azura had told you the story of how she had met Corrin when she was singing by the lake.

It was a good thing that anyone of us had met Corrin. Your smile grew bigger as you thought about everything he had sacrificed for the sake of other people.

"(Y/N)?"

You jolted up, jerking your head back before sighing as you saw Corrin standing just by the bushes that lined the lake, the soft light of the astral planes fading away behind him.

"Is something wrong, Corrin?" You asked tentatively. He shook his head and smiled at you.

"It's nothing."

He walked along the plain, sitting beside you.

You stared at him, noting as he looked out over the lake. Quietly, you began to hum the song Azura sang. Corrin smiled as he heard the tune drifting through the wind that gently blew through your (h/c) hair.

"I see you've been picking up from Azura."

You shrugged shyly, leaning forward to run your fingers through the water. The trail of ripples distorted your reflection, and Corrin leaned forward to watch the lake change.

"Hey, (Y/N)?"

You turned to look at Corrin, who smiled at you. "I'm glad you joined us, and I'm glad I got to be your friend."

You nodded, and quietly moved in to hug him. He stiffened, but quietly curled his arms around your waist, slowly laying his chin on your shoulder. You sighed lightly, and Corrin chuckled quietly.

"It's tiring isn't it, this war?"

You nodded, quietly closing your eyes. "Yeah. I miss my family, and my home..." You quickly continued before he could make any assumptions. "I really like it here though! I really like all the new friends I've made... Including you."

Corrin smiled, pushing from the hug to lay his hand on your shoulder and squeeze it reassuringly before speaking. "I used to wonder if what I was doing was the right thing. I used to doubt myself. I used to ask everyone, and they would always answer so positively.

"I really appreciate all of the friends I've made though, especially you. (Y/N), you are so precious to me.

"Thank you, my friend."

You nodded happily, giving him a dazzling smile. He smiled back, slipping his arms around your waist and hugging you tight. You leaned the side of your head against his chest, placing your hands flat along his midriff.

You smiled as you heard the beating of his heart, the warmth seeping from his body.

There was truly no place more magical than the lake of destiny.