Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Logan

       Even though my family was quite worried about me ever since that news broadcast of Ryan saying he was out to get me and Fin, our family was still crazy, especially since all four of us teenagers were living in the house.

       That was a main reason I was always at Fin's house. It was refreshing to have space for once.

       While we were eating dinner, we were all talking about random things. Well, except Jake. He was busy pushing around the corn on his plate. Dad noticed and looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Jake, stop playing with your food and eat," he said.

       "I don't like corn," Jake muttered.

       "Don't be ridiculous," Dad said. "You always say as long as it's edible, you'll eat it."

       "That doesn't mean I like it," Jake said.

       "Then eat the other food on your plate," Dad said.

       Jake sighed deeply before stabbing a piece of chicken and taking a tiny bite out of it. I was the only one that knew what was going on with Jake because out of everyone, he trusted me the most.

       "So, Logan," Dad said. "Your mother and I have been meaning to talk to you."

       "If it's about the whole Death by Death thing, I'd rather not talk about it," I said.

       "It's not about that," Mom said. "It's about Infinity."

       "No," I said. "No, please don't do this in front of everyone."

       Mom chuckled. "Not that talk, Logan. We all know you do it anyway."

       "Mom!"

       "What?" Mom asked. "I'm right, aren't I?"

       I rested my head on the table, feeling my cheeks burning. "Why would you say that?" I then looked up. "Fellow siblings, I advise you never get a girlfriend or a boyfriend."

       "Yeah, I know," Rebecca said, crossing her arms and leaning back in her chair. "Dominic broke up with me because apparently, I'm too immature for him."

       "He what?" Mike asked. "Do you want me to beat him up for you?"

       "Yes," Rebecca said.

       "No," Dad said. "I told you, you guys aren't allowed to get into fights. Rebecca chose to date him, so she has to learn that not all relationships last."

       Rebecca rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, you already gave me that lecture. Not all relationships last. You have to make sure it's the person you want to marry, yada yada yada."

       "Hey, if you want an idea of a perfect relationship, just look at Logan and Infinity," Mike said, giving my shoulder a punch.

       I shrugged and took a bite of a piece of chicken. What's right is right.

       "Which reminds me," Dad said. "Logan, you really need to stop spending so much time at Infinity's house."

       "Wait, that's what you wanted to talk to me about her?" I asked. "Why?"

       "You're there almost every day," Mom said.

       "Yeah, and?" I asked. "She's my best friend and my girlfriend, and you and Dad both know what we're going through. We'd rather be together to figure all this crap out."