Chapter 11

Chapter 11

       "Logan, I'm serious, let me go," I said.

       "But if I do, something bad might happen," Logan said, his arms wrapping tighter around me.

       I sighed. "It has to be done, Logan. We have to know what's on there."

       "Then I'll go," he said. "I'll go and do it and...."

       "No," I said. "You can't keep risking yourself. It's already been planned that I'm doing it, okay?"

       Logan sighed, resting his chin on top of my forehead and continued hugging me. I let him hug me for a bit longer.

       Flynn and Jake came down the stairs. "Infinity, are you going to leave yet?" Flynn asked. "We have to get this done before the man Ryan gave the USB gets off of his break and he's going on it soon."

       "I would, be someone won't let go of me," I said.

       "Logan, let go," Flynn said. "You're making me mad because I can't hug Lilly because she won't accept our relationship and I need her in my life."

       I sighed. "Flynn, give it up."

       "Never," Flynn said. "I'll be you one hundred bucks that Lilly and I will get together....eventually."

       I rolled my eyes and locked up at Logan. "Can you let me go now?" I asked. "I really have to go."

       Logan finally released me, but then he pressed his lips on mine. "Okay, go," he said. "Be careful."

       "Wait," Jake said before handing me an earpiece. "Call us when you get there and talk on this. We'll monitor everything on my laptop and tell you what to do."

       "Got it," I said. I kissed Logan's cheek. "I'll be fine."

       I was about to walk out through the backyard, but Logan grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him, wrapping his arms around me. "Be safe," he muttered.

       I chuckled. "I will," I said. "Logan, this isn't even dangerous at all. I'm just going there to find out what's on the USB. That's it." I kissed his cheek again before walking out of the house through the backdoor.

       I walked behind the back of the houses for a bit before going onto the side walk and making my way to the building where I had to get the USB. It really shouldn't be that hard. All I had to do was go in, act like I belonged there, waited for the man to go on break, get in his office and download the files onto my USB, then get out.

       Okay, that was a lot to do, but it still shouldn't be hard.

       I got to the building and luckily, that wasn't a place to sign in or anything. I called Logan's cell number on my phone before hooking it up to the earpiece. "Can you come home now?" was the first thing Logan asked.

       "No," I said. "We need to get this done. Is he on his break yet?"

       "Not yet," Logan said. "He's about to in about two minutes so head up to the floor below his. There's a washroom there that you can stay in until it's safe for you to go onto his office floor."

       "Got it," I said. "And....What floor is his office on?"

       "Uh....Seven," Logan said. "So go to the sixth floor, head straight, and the washrooms will be on the right."

       "Okay," I said before heading there.

       Since nobody else was in the washroom, I just had to stand there for a bit until Logan told me it was safe to go to the man's office. I followed his directions to get there and when I did, I sighed. "The computer needs a password," I said. "I don't know the password."

       "Okay, hold on," Logan said. He talked to Jake for a bit. "Um, Jake said to try looking for a post-it note with the password on."

       I snorted, but I began looking. "Why would he have a post-it note, saying what his password is? Wouldn't he, like, save it on his phone or even remember it?" 

       "Just keep looking," Logan said.

       "Okay, but...." I found a post-it note just then and took the chance, typing it into the laptop. "Well. I'm in."

        "Shouldn't I be saying that?" Logan asked, and I knew he had a smile on his face.

        "Shut up," I said, opening one of the drawers, but there were way too many USBs. "What did the USB look like?"

       "It was black," he said. "Plain black."

       "That doesn't help," I said. "Most of them are."

       "Hold on, let me remember," Logan said. "Oh, it had a chip on the paint."

       I dug through the drawer, finding only one with a chip on it. I put it into the computer before taking out the USB in my pocket, plugging it into the computer. "There's only one document on here," I said. "It says confidential."

       "Suspicious enough," Logan said. "You've got to quickly put it onto our USB. Depending how big the document is, it can take a while and you don't have that much time left."

       I dragged the folder into our USB folder, copying it in there. I had to wait for a bit before it was fully completed.

       "Uh, Fin, you've got to get out of there," Logan said. "He's on his way back up."

       I quickly unplugged the USB's, making sure to put mine back in my pocket and his back in the drawer. I closed it and logged off of the computer. "Done," I said.

       "You're going to have to take the stairs," Logan said. "He's in the elevator and there's a huge chance that he knows what Infinity Cooper looks like."

       I sighed. "Great, so I have to take the stairs?"

       "Yes, that's what I said," Logan said. "Just hurry up, babe."

       "Don't call me babe," I said as I made my way to the stairs. I then had to go down all six flights of stairs, making my way to the entrance. "I'm out of the building. I told you it wasn't dangerous."

       "Okay, you told me," Logan said. "I'll see you soon."

       "Yeah, see you," I said. 

       When I got back home, walking inside through the backdoor. Logan immediately pulled me into a hug. "You're okay," he said.

       "Of course I am," I said. "It wasn't hard."

       "Logan, stop being too lovey-dovey," Flynn said. "Seriously. You saw her on the footage. She was fine."

       "I know," Logan said before kissing my forehead.

       We then walked over to Jake and I handed him the USB. He plugged it into the the computer and opened up the file. "No. Way."

       "What is it?" Logan asked.

       "Something dangerous," Jake said. "If Death by Death is planning on building this....We're not safe."

________________

Ooh, I wonder what it is. cx

It feels good to write this book again. I have a lot of twists and turns planned for the book. :)