Chapter 7

Chapter 7

       On Sunday morning, I pulled myself out of bed to eat. I got n sleep last night. Well, I might have slept for an hour, but that was about it. My mind was too occupied thinking about the new tasks we had to do. Ryan said they were going to be next to impossible and there was a low chance of us surviving.

       However, as much as my hope was gone, my determination wasn't. Ryan made the wrong move by involving my little brother in this. We were going to survive.

       I walked in the kitchen, noticing a small package sitting on the table. Beside it was a note from my mom, telling me that this was sitting on the front steps for me when she was about to leave for work. I picked up the package, noticing a piece of paper taped to it. I gently took it off and read it.

       My dearest Infinity. This will be used for me to contact you. I don't trust sending the tasks on your own cell phone. Be prepared to receive your first task some time today. -Yours truly....Well, you know.

       Hesitantly, I opened the package, only to see a cell phone sitting on the bottom. This guys was being extremely cautious.

       "What's that?" I heard Flynn ask me.

       I turned to face him and took the cell phone out of the package. "Communication," I said before noticing how Flynn looked. His hair was sticking up all over the place and he had huge bags under his eyes. Not to mention he had his blanket wrapped around him tightly. "No sleep?"

       Flynn shook his head and yawned. "I was up all night thinking about possible tasks. I thought the last ones were hard and I only did one of them with you. One that sent me to the hospital....Anyway, I thought up of all different tasks, which is only freaking me out more."

       "Well, we should be getting one sometime today," I said. "I know he said it will be impossible, but I'm really wishing the first one starts off easy."

       Flynn snorted. "Yeah, right. I bet you anything it's going to start off hard."

       "I wouldn't doubt it," I said with a sigh. "I'm going to call Logan." I went up to my bedroom to get my cell phone. It was still quite early, but I knew that Logan would either wake up immediately to me calling, or he was already awake because he didn't get enough sleep last night.

       I was right. He answered right away, not even letting the cell phone ring a full time. "Fin, is everything okay?" he asked in a worried tone.

       That, however, made me smile. "You're cute when you worry."

       "So nothing's wrong?" he asked.

       "Not really," I said. "I got a package from Ryan. A cell phone, to be exact. We're using it for communication and we should be getting the first task today."

       "Oh," he said. "Okay, I'll be on my way."

       "You know you don't have to come over, right?" I asked. "I just wanted to tell you."

       "I'm still coming over," Logan said. "Just to hang out, I guess."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "You guess? Logan, is everything okay with you?"

       Logan sighed. "No, Fin, it's not. I....I'll tell you when I get there."

       "Okay," I said. "I guess I'll see you soon. I love you, Logan."

       "I love you too, Infinity," he said before hanging up. Something was definitely wrong with him. Even throughout this situation, he wasn't too upset but with our just-then conversation, he seemed way too upset.