Chapter 3

Chapter 3

       I had always hated going to school. I wasn't really that popular with people and this one girl was particularly such a bully. Then Logan moved back here. We moved away when he was twelve and he was my and Lilly's close friend. So when he came back, he immediately hung out with us. A lot of girls didn't like it because he was, apparently, voted the hottest guy in school. I hated it. There shouldn't be a hottest guy or girl because looks didn't matter.

       But ever since that broadcast, I hated going even more. People kept staring at my, looking quite terrified. At least I still had Lilly and Logan by my side.

       When lunch rolled around, I sat down at the table Lilly, Logan, and I normally sat at. I was the first one there since my class was closest to the cafeteria. Everyone one else made sure they sat far away from me.

       Lilly sat down across from me as a pair of arms gently wrapped around me. "How are you?" Logan asked softly.

       "Tired," I replied. "At least Flynn is back to normal."

       Logan kissed the side of my head before sitting down beside me. "Yeah, that's good," Logan said. "I mean, I hate getting soaked in soda, but at least it means he's not shutting anyone out again."

       "Did he really spray the both of you with soda?" Lilly asked with a raised eyebrow.

       "Yes," I said with a scowl. "Just because we were being to lovey-dovey." I rolled my eyes. Logan and I weren't that lovey-dovey.

       Lilly, however, smiled at that. "You know, I should have bet on you to finally ending up together. I would have been rich!"

       Logan chuckled a bit at this. Ever since we were ten, Lilly kept saying that I was going to marry Logan in the future, even though I denied it a few times. Then when he came back here, I shortly realized I had feelings for him. He knew everything about me and he was always there for me. He was one of my best friends.

       "I told you, Fin," Lilly said. "I knew the whole time you liked him, even if you denied it."

       "I was ten," I pointed out.

       "You're never to young for a crush," Lilly said. "I remember when I was seven and I had a crush on this boy. He shared his box of crayons with me, but then I saw him on the swings with another girl. It broke my little heart."

       I rolled my eyes. Lilly was always so hyper and crazy. But it was what I liked about her.

       "But anyway, I'm happy my OTP is still staying strong," she said. "But," she pointed her fork at Logan, "if you ever hurt her like Toby did, you will see my wrath. And you do not want to see my wrath. Got it?!"

       I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "How much cups of coffee did you have this morning?" I asked. She was a lot more hyper than usual. 

       "Only three, I swear," she said. "I didn't get any sleep last night because I was reading about Ryan and then I decided to watch a movie with a really hot guy in it and then I had to stalk that guy on all his social media sites and then I got hungry and I ate some candy because it was the closest thing to me and I did not want to get out of bed."

       "How fun," Logan said sarcastically as he began eating his lunch.

       I wasn't that hungry, so I basically just peeled the crust off my sandwich and took small bites. Logan was looking at me with a concerned look, but I assured him that I was feeling alright.

       I basically ate only half of my sandwich before decided that I couldn't eat anymore. I haven't had an appetite in such a long time.

       When the bell rang to end lunch, Logan took my hand in his and helped me up. He grabbed all the garbage with his free hand and threw it in a nearby garbage. Then, the three of us had to head to one of the classes I couldn't stand; gym. My teacher, Mr. Wilkie, sort of had an obsession with dodgeball and we were playing it constantly. It was getting annoying, especially because I sucked at the game.

       While we were walking to the gym, Logan wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling my into him. My arms went around his waist, feeling comfortable in his embrace. Just by hugging him, I felt a lot better.

       "Are you okay?" he asked softly.

       I nodded. "Yeah, I guess. I'm still feeling the same, so there's not really a change."

       "We'll get through this," he assured. "I know it's hard, but we will."

       "Hopefully," I said. It just seemed so hard that we would be able to get through this. It seemed easy; all that had to be done was the police capturing Ryan. It was only him that was after us.

       When we got to the gym, we had about five minutes after the late bell to get changed. However, I was already wearing sweats so I didn't have to. Logan as well, so we sat down on one of the bleachers.

       "I'm not going to lie," Logan said, intertwining his hand with mine and squeezing it lightly. "I've been freaking out everyday about Ryan and the whole Death by Death thing. I'm worried that Ryan will be able to find us before the police find him. And I'm worried you'll get hurt, or even worse than that."

       "You don't seem like you're freaking out," I muttered.

       "Well, I am," he said. "I have nightmares. I have nightmares where he finds you and he...." He sighed and shook his head, running his free hand through his brown hair. "I guess I hide it really well." He angle himself so he faced me better, taking my other hands in his. "Fin, if it comes between you and me, I'm going to do everything to make sure you survive. Even if it means that I won't."

       "Logan, don't say that," I said. "We're both going to survive, okay?"

       "Do you really think that?" he asked.

       I didn't answer because if I was honest, I wasn't so sure. 

_______________

Sorry for the long wait between the updates. cx I had a writer's block because I didn't really plan this out that well. I'm sort of writing it as I go. I have the ending planned out, that's about it. cx

I'll try my best to upload once a week though, possibly every Monday.