Ch. 21: The Tables Have Turned/Stay

Quinn's POV:

"I'm telling you, it's for the best to just let her go." Becca stated. "This has been going on for too long. You're just torturing yourself."

"I can't." I responded honestly.

"Then at least make her feel what she's put you through too." Becca offered.

"What are you talking about?" I looked up at her from where I was sitting.

"What I'm saying is, maybe you should start dating other people and see how she feels about it." She proposed.

"Why would I do that?" I rejected her bluntly. "I don't want to date anyone else."

"Why?" She raised an eyebrow at me. "Look at yourself Quinn! She's tearing you up and you're still wrapped so tightly around her finger! At least make her suffer too!"

"Stop!!" I yelled, forcing her to recoil her anger.

"Quinn, I'm not going to stand by and watch you wither away while she-"

"No." I cut her off sternly. "You don't do that to someone you love." I said gently this time. " I appreciate your concern but I refuse to do that to her. Regardless of what she's done to me. I will never deliberately hurt her."

"I saw you two together here a few days ago, what was that about?" She was calmer now.

"I brought her back." I answered simply.

"I see..." She seemed to understand. "Quinn, can I ask you something?"

"Of course." I assured her.

"Why do you insist, so much, that she still loves you? Why does she mean so much to you that you refuse to give up on her? Is she really worth it? Is it really worth all this pain?" She questioned.

"Because I know that she still loves me...I know because of the way she kisses me. When I brought her here a few days ago she kissed me. And she kissed me the way she used to kiss me, pouring every last drop of love she had for me in the kiss. Also, because one of mom's last words to me were to 'fight for what I love' and I love Nessa with all my heart." I answered genuinely.

"Love is a heavy burden." Becca shook her head.

"It is." I agreed. "But it doesn't feel like a burden when I'm with her."

"Quinn, I still want what's best for you. So, please at least try dating other people. It doesn't have to be for the reason I said before. It's just that you never know who else might be out there."

"Alright, I'll try." I answered after contemplating for a few moments.

****

Vanessa's POV:

"Babe, let's get going or we're going to be late!" I called to Alexis.

"Alright! Let's go!" She ran up to me, pecked my lips, and jogged happily to the car.

Within a few minutes we walked onto a familiar rooftop.

"Nessa!!" Benny called and wrapped me in a huge hug. "It's been too long!"

"It really has!" I replied excitedly. "You remember my girlfriend Alexis." I gestured to Alexis.

"Ah, yes! Nice to see you again!" He gave her a warm hug.

"Where's your daughter, Samantha?" I questioned and glanced around for her.

"She's spending the weekend at her grandma's, which is why I decided to have a party tonight!" He answered happily.