Ch. 12: Broken Promises

Quinn's POV:

"I'm going to take over the businesses." I stated.

"But you said that it was the last thing you wanted." She said with confusion clearly evident on her flawless face.

"That is true but..." I said getting up from my knees and walking over to her and taking her hands in mine and I brought them to my heart. "But you are what I want most." I looked her in the eyes then slowing tilted my chin up to tenderly kiss her forehead. "And if that's what it takes to keep you then I'll do it willingly."

She looked at me with understanding before placing a light kiss on my lips. "How long will you be gone this time?" she asked softly.

"I don't know..." I said honestly. "I know I don't deserve to ask anything of you with the way I've been but can I ask you for something?"

"Yes." She said simply, without hesitation.

"Wait for me?" I looked her straight in the eyes.

"You're lucky I'm in love with you." She accepted my request and pulled me into a passionate kiss.

I moved my hands to her waist and pressed my body against hers as we continued to envelope each other in a loving embrace and a heated kiss. I tangled my fingers in her golden waves and slipped my tongue into her mouth, receiving a tiny moan.

"I missed you." I breathed.

"I missed you too." She said against my lips.

Right as I was about to pick her up and lay her down in the back seat of her car to make love to her for the last time, for who knows how long, my phone rang. I pulled away but kept our faces lingering close as I checked my phone.

[You better wrap things up if you don't want dad to send bodyguards to look for us!

-Becca]

"Shit." I sighed.

"You have to go now don't you." She stated already knowing from the sudden tension between us.

"You know if there was another way-" I began but she cut me off.

"I know, love." She placed a finger over my lips and I just stared into those vibrant blue eyes. "Can I ask something of you in return?"

"Anything." I pulled her into my embrace again.

"Don't just go incognito on me again, please?" she begged. "At least contact me every once in a while to let me know you're okay?"

"I'll do my best." I said and kissed her again as my phone rang.

[You better get your ass in this car now or we're both screwed!! >:O

-Becca]

I chuckled lightly at the emoji then became serious when I realized that I really had to say goodbye to her.

"Nessa I love you." I said desperately. "I need you, I need you so much and that's why I'm doing this. I'm going to fight for us, for this." I cupped her face in my hands. "I'll come back I promise. You should know that those months that I've been away were hell and there was never a moment where I wasn't longing for you."

"I love you." Was all she said and it was the only thing and everything I needed to hear in that moment.

****

3 Years Later

"Ms. Owens you have a meeting scheduled in fifteen minutes." My assistant informed me.