Ch. 15: My Sanctuary (2)

Quinn's POV:

"That was perfect." I said as I walked into the recording room.

"Thanks." Nessa said slightly out of breath from singing.

"You have a photo shoot on the fifteenth floor in 30 minutes. I'll meet you up there when I finish up here." I informed her.

"Okay, thanks." She said and walked towards the door.

I watched as she walked gracefully out the door, never once looking back at me.

"She's a natural." Andrew, my studio manager, said.

"I know." I let out a sigh.

"How'd you find her?" he asked curiously.

"It's a long story..." I said sadly. "Anyway I have to go and supervise her photo shoot. I'll talk to you later Andrew."

"Alright. See ya!" He smiled.

****

"That's perfect! Beautiful! Hold that pose for me sweetie!" Francisco, the photographer praised while Nessa tried a variety of poses. "Alright! That was great! Let's try the next outfit." He said with his Italian accent rolling off his tongue.

Nessa got up from her position and walked off to the where the designers and make-up artists were gathered.

"How's she doing?" I walked over to Francisco.

"Very well! She's a natural!" He exclaimed.

"She's wonderful isn't she?" I said as I gazed off in Nessa's direction and watched as make-up brushes glided over her flawless skin.

"Qual è il problema? (What's the matter)."  He asked in Italian.

"Nothing...She's just breath taking." I confessed.

"I see." He said and patted me on the back. "Don't let this one go, Quinn."

I nodded in response and he walked off towards the set to prepare his camera.

****

The photoshoot ended successfully and I waited for Nessa to finish changing so I could tell her the schedule for next week. She walked out in faded blue jeans, a flowing blouse, and sneakers.

"Hey." I smiled.

"You waited for me?" She asked slightly confused.

"Y-Yes." I stuttered. "I needed to tell you your schedule for next week."

"Oh okay."

"So next week won't be as busy as today. It will just be dance practice." I informed her.

"Okay thanks." She said casually.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yeah see you." She smiled and left the room.

I let out a large sigh. Maybe she doesn't love me anymore.

I finished up my left over paper work in my office then quickly made my way to my car. As I was driving home I decided to take a detour. I sped through the woods to that once untouched place. I parked my car on the curb and slowly walked through a familiar path. Memories, happy and heartbreaking, began to flood my mind. The forest opened up to an unrecognizable setting with a large golf course, an outdoor pool, and a large beige building that was lit up from the inside. It seemed as though there was a party of some sort going on inside but I didn't care enough to find out.

I sat on the edge of the forest and gazed out onto the landscape. I closed my eyes and remembered all the memories that took place here, the loving memory of Nessa brining me here, then the memory of her attempting to take her life.

"Quinn?" I heard a voice say and my eyes shot open. I turned to see the face from my memories. "What are you doing here? "

"This place has grown on me." I chuckled lightly.

"I see." She said. "May I sit beside you?"

"Be my guest." I smiled and patted the ground next to me. She sat down and we gazed at the landscape in silence. Unable to take the silence anymore I turned to her but was a little shocked to see her expression. Most people would not have understood any difference but I knew her. She looked as though she was fighting back tears.

"Nessa? Are you okay?" I scooted closer to her.

"Yeah I'm fine. I don't know how things turned out like this for us. Everything we had was better than anything I could have dreamed of...so much has changed." She confessed. "We've both changed..."

"Nessa I still-" I began.

"Please don't." She cut me off. "Don't tell me how much you love me."

"Why?" I question softly. "Because you know it's true? My love for you hasn't changed at all, even after all these years."

"As if all those years were easy to bear." She looked at me sadly. "As if it's any easier working with you now...being with you, here again."

"Is that why you avoid me at work?" I understood.

"What has happened in the past has been put behind me." She said quickly. "I want to get my career on track and have something stable in my life, for once." Her words burned holes through my heart.

"Nessa..." I leaned my face closer to hers. "Then tell me you don't want this." I continued to slowly lean in closer, making sure to give her time to pull away if she wanted to.

I paid close attention to her facial expression and movements. I heard a small whimper escape her lips then to my surprise she gently connected our lips. I moved closer and wrapped my arms around her waist to pull her body closer. She gracefully moved her hands to cup my face. It felt as though having her body, the body I've yearned so long for, in my arms revitalized my very being. The rush of her skin, her silky golden waves, and the gentleness of her lips against mine were long overdue. She pulled away and placed her hand over her lips with teary eyes.

"Quinn, I can't." She sobbed lightly.

"Nessa." I cupped her face and stared into her eyes. "You still love me don't you?" I spoke gently as I searched her eyes.

"I can't." She said.

"Nessa, please, don't push me away." I begged. "I know you're hurting, so let me be with you. You don't have to struggle by yourself."

"Quinn I can't do this." She tried to pull away. I knew why she couldn't but I had to hear her say it to accept it. "I'm so sorry."

"Nessa, tell me why you can't." I wiped a tear from her rosy cheek. "Tell me why you're pushing me away."

"Quinn, I don't want to hurt you anymore. I know you're hurting too. And I don't want to hurt anymore either." She said, her eyes slightly puffy from crying.

"Just tell me Nessa." I asked softly.

"Because Alexis is my girlfriend."

**** A/N: How many of you saw this coming?Please vote and comment!! There's a picture of Nessa at the top! What do you think will happen next between Quinn and Nessa?

- JoJo :]