Ch.4: Lay Down With Me

Quinn's POV :

A drop in the ocean

A change in the weather

I was praying that you and me might end up together

It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert

But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven

Vanessa sang to me then kissed the top of my head.

"I love it when you sing to me." I smiled leaning into her more. I could feel how feel how fast her heart was beating.

We were laying on my couch listening to music flow out of my surround sound speakers. My back was on her chest with her arms gently wrapped around my shoulders with our hands interlocked.

"I'll sing to you whenever you want." She said leaning down to kiss my neck.

I let a small moan escape my lips and leaned my head back on her shoulder, encouraging her to continue. She smiled into the kiss and proceeded to trail light kisses up my neck. I brought our interlocked hands up to my mouth and kissed her knuckle. She smiled into my neck and then continued. She let one of my hands escape and I quickly placed my hand on the back of her head, lightly gripping her beautiful golden hair. I turned my head to bring my lips to hers and she happily welcomed them. Her kisses were gentle and made my heart explode, but not with lust, not like my other relationships. I just wanted her, to be with her, to protect her, and to give her all my love.

She smiled into the kiss and began to pull away. I let go of her other hair, placed it on her cheek, and brought her back to me.

This time the kisses were deeper, more passionate. One of her hands moved to my cheek and caressed it gently, so gently it drove me crazy. Her other hand wandered to my hip and gripped it. Her velvety soft lips glided gracefully over mine effortlessly. We broke the kiss simultaneously, breathing heavily.

"You're beautiful." she looked me in the eyes and kissed me gently this time.

"I just want to stay like this with you forever." I confessed as I stared at my beige painted celling.

"If only we could..." she said kissing my cheek, "I'm going to get water, would you like anything?" She said, getting up from under me.

"No, I'm fine" I sat up and pecked her lips, "Thanks love."

She gave me a smile and walked to the kitchen. I spread myself across the couch. I put my fingers to my lips, remembering the feeling of her on them. I smiled to myself.

It's only been 4 weeks since she saved me from that pig of a man. We've been seeing each other at least 4 times a week and when we can't see each other we text or talk on the phone. But even with all of this, it still wasn't enough for me. Just being in another room away from her made my heart ache and yearn for her, and I didn't understand it.

I don't wanna lose you now

I'm lookin' right at the other half of me

The vacancy that sat in my heart

Is a space that now you hold

Show me how to fight for now

And I'll tell you, baby, it was easy

Comin' back here to you once I figured it out

You were right here all along

I could hear Vanessa singing from the kitchen.

"I'm so lucky to have her."I thought to myself and laughed.

Throughout these few weeks we learned so much about each other. We would stay up late on the phone even though we knew we had to wake up early the next morning. I learned about the death of her parents, which moved me to tears hearing the pain in her voice as she told me the tale. And I learned about her brother Joseph in the military and the occasional visit from her aunt.

I confessed a lot of my past to her, some of the parent troubles, the self harm, and even my abusive dance teacher. She accepted all of it, all of me. She held me close, kissed my barely visible scars, and never once blamed me for any of it. I went limp and cried in her arms. That night I opened my heart to her, who accepted all of it and held me tight. She makes me feel so safe and free to show my true emotions for the first time in a long time.

"Hey babe," Nessa said walking back with a glass of water in hand, "Are you going to Hudson next week?"

"Hudson?" I asked sitting up on the couch. "Why do you ask?"

"Because there was a note on your fridge that said you're going to Hudson next week." She said sitting back on the coach.

"Oh!" I remembered, "I do have to go to Hudson next week! I have to go for a training camp with the rest of the dancers. I'm so sorry! I completely forgot!"

"It's fine babe. You seem really excited about it so I'm happy for you!" she laughed, "How long will you be gone?"

"About a week. I think they told us we would be back on the 23rd of April." I said.

"Oh." She said slightly distancing herself from me, "Why is it all the way in Hudson?" she said coming back to reality.

"I don't really know." I shrugged my shoulders. "They want to incorporate belly dancing for the next routine but I have no idea why it's in Hudson."

"I-" she was cut off by her cell phone ringing, "Hello?" she got up and walked back into the kitchen.

She rushed back into my living room grabbing her belongings.

"Hey babe I gotta run. Kathleen needs my help." She said walking to me.

She placed her hand on my cheek. I closed my eyes, as she leaned down to kiss me. I began to suck on her bottom lip lightly to let her know I needed her with me longer. She smiled against my lips, placed her belongings on the ground and climbed onto my lap, straddling me. I wrapped my arms around her waist bringing her closer and she tangled her hands in my long brown hair. She leaned forward, pushing me back so that I was leaning back on the couch.

The kiss was passionate and lustful but at the same time loving and gentle. Our lips moved gracefully in sync with each other's. I moved my hands under her shirt and caressed her side, receiving a moan in response as she embraced me tighter. I could kiss her all day long.

Her phone interrupted us, receiving a text message from Kathleen.

"Must be important." I said breathlessly against her lips.

"She has great timing doesn't she?" she said with sarcasm very evident in her words.

"You should go help her." I giggled and kissed her cheek.

She pouted, which made my heart skip a beat at how cute she could be, and leaned in for one last kiss before we parted.

I walked her to the door and kissed her as we said goodbye. I walked back into my fairly large apartment and went straight to my bedroom. I plopped myself down on my bed and stared at my bright white celling.

"How am I going to last a week so far away from her?'" I thought to myself as I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is kinda short but it's so full of fluff. I have a plan for the next chapter...muahahahah :P Comments and votes are always welcome!

-JoJo =]