Wheres kenneth?

Maddie's POV
It's been about a week since the whole forehead kiss and actual kiss incident that happened with Ken I haven't seen or talked to him. I assumed it was just bc he was giving me space or something but if that was the case then I didn't like it at all. I missed his company and the little messages he'd send me or the phone calls. I haven't seen him at dance either and everytime I type a text to send to him I chicken out and end up deleting it. There's dance today, a class with Matt and I'm hoping ken will show up.

*at dance*

I walked through the two familiar glass doors I always walk through in front of the building, I scan the room looking for ken, but as usual he's not here, I saw Gabe sitting on the floor at the corner of the room so I decided to go talking to him

"Hey Gabe!" I exclaimed, he replied with a simple "Hey Madz" when I was about to say something else he interrupted me and said "still no ken huh?" I looked at him and replied with a "no". We stayed quiet, although it wasn't an awkward silence. He broke the silence and said "I didn't think he'd be gone this long" his statement caught me so off guard, what did he mean by that?

"What do you mean 'gone', where is he?" I asked.
"Oh I thought you knew, well he's in Texas with some girl, their working on a new dance project at some workshop I'm not quite sure, he was very secretive with the details, but I thought he'd be back by now" he replied
"What?? What girl" I asked very irritated
Gabe then took out his phone and showed me a picture of ken and the girl he was talking about

 "Oh I thought you knew, well he's in Texas with some girl, their working on a new dance project at some workshop I'm not quite sure, he was very secretive with the details, but I thought he'd be back by now" he replied "What?? What girl" I asked ...

"Her, I think her name is kaylyn I think" he said. I was about to say something but the sound of Matt speaking caused me to stay quiet, and since Matt had arrived that means it was time to start class. Gabe and I got into our positions and started stretching but the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Ken was away with some girl that I know nothing about, but not just that, he didn't even tell me he was leaving! I had so many questions. I guess I'll just have to find out when he gets back.