Chapter 5

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up from my sleep. I let out a growl of annoyance when I turned over grabbing my phone from my night table.

I flipped it open without looking at the caller ID.

"Who is it?" I snapped into the phone, running a hand over my face.

"Someone's cheery today" a voice answered.

I shot out of my bed when I recognized the voice. "How the hell did you get my number?!" I hissed turning to look at my clock.

3:32 glowed red back at me. "And what the hell are you calling me at 3:30 in the morning for?" I shouted getting angrier and angrier by the second.

"I called you because i need my lawyer to sort out some troubles for me." Dorian stated in a duh tone. Like I was already supposed to know that.

"I am not your damn legal lawyer! why don't you call him for a change?! you must have him on speed dial!" I snapped

"Actually he's in Barbados at the moment and you're the next best thing. Now come and get me, I'm at the 21st precinct on 5th and grand."  Dorian commanded hanging up the phone.

I let out a shout of annoyance before i practically hurled my phone at the wall. "that insolent no good dirt bag...ass face!" i shouted to my empty room.

Taking deeps breaths I composed myself long enough to pull on a gray suit skirt and matching jacket. I threw my hair up into a chinot ontop my head, applying a light coat of makeup with bright red lipstick to make me look more like a lawyer.  I didn't care if I looked over the top, Dorian can spend the night in jail for all I care if he didn't like it.

Spitting out a list of profanities I slipped into my car, driving like a mad woman down to the precinct to pick up oh satan himself.

When I stepped into the building I was met with  lots of eyes from Police officers in uniform either doing paper work or just talking, coffees in hand.

Taking a deep breath I walked over to the reception desk where what looked like a rookie sat, looking utterly bored out of his mind.

"Hello" I started giving the guy a sweet smile.

He sat up straighter a bright smile slipping over his lips. He looked to be around 21 or so, with sandy brown hair and chestnut eyes. Talk about turning up the charm.

"Hello, what can I do for you tonight?"

"I'm actually here to post bail for my client, Dorian Chance" I smiled, lacing my fingers together ontop of the desk.

"Oh, well actually Mr. Chance is being detained for 24 hours until further notice." He breathed looking over a file that was opened up on his computer.

I frowned. "Detained? For what exactly?" I asked.