Chapter 4

I smoothed down the black dress that I had picked out this morning for tonight. Sissy was having a little get together with close friends of the family as a celebration for her recent engagement.

I was so happy for her, her fiance was a good man and I knew that he would treat her right. The black dress I wore dipped low in the back, showing off the length of my back before it stopped just above my waist. The front was heart shaped that made my chest look absolutely delectable.

And the dress flowed down to just above my knees, flaring out slightly so when I turned my dress would fan out around my legs. To complete my look I topped my outfit off with black strap stillettoes.

When I felt as if I were ready I raised a hand and pressed the door bell. Not a minute later the door swung open to reveal my best friend Sissy, wearing a sparkly red dress that cut off around mid thigh, showing off her figure beautifully.

"And I thought marriage never changed a woman" I smiled, looking her over with approval. She giggled, leaning forward and giving me a big hug.

"I'm not married yet" She smiled, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the house. "I know, but my little Sissy is growing up" I cooed, giving her another big hug.

Matt suddenly stepped out of the dining room where the sounds of laughter and people conversing was the loudest. "Nora, finally come to join the party? I hear you always show up fashionably late" he chuckled coming over and giving me a small hug a kiss on my cheek before pulling away.

I smiled waving my hand. "What can I say? i like to make an entrance"

"I bet you do" he chuckled, his eyes trained on Sissy. I smiled at the look of pure love on all of their faces.

"Well I think that you're friends are awaiting you, don't want to keep them waiting" I laughed knowing that look in either of their eyes all to well.

Matt shook his head appearing as if he had been in another place. "Uh-Yes, the guests I better go check on them" he mumbled turning and walking back to the dining room.

I sighed shaking my head. I glanced over at Sissy a small blush covering her cheeks.

"Sweety, remind me to take you lingerie shopping, Matt looks like he might need a good night of rodeo queen" I giggled, wincing when Sissy slapped my arm.

"Shut it Nora" Sissy blushed, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the dining room.

a few hours later and everyone was already basking in a little buzz from the amount of alcohol Sissy and Matt had being passed around.

"For the last time, no! I don't want any of you trying to set me up with a guy just because i'm not married. I will settle down when I feel like it, although I doubt that will ever happen" I breathed taking another sip from my wine.

I was currently the center of attention in my little circle of friends because everyone was either engaged or already married.