Chapter 9

When the day had finally come to an end and I had stepped into my house after leaving work I practically collapsed on my couch, my arm flopping over my face as that embarrassing moment when Dorian had practically black mailed me into going out to dinner with him, played through my mind over and over again. 

The sound of my door opening made me frown for a second when I heard the sounds of my best friends laughing and teasing each other on some topic they had been discussing before they came in. 

"Nora are you okay sweetie?"I heard Sissy call, before I felt myself being completely surrounded by my best friends. 

"Is she sick?" I heard Dana ask.

"Maybe she's got the flu?" Casey muttered a second later. 

"Or maybe she's got a fever?" Melanie chirped in, before I felt a soft hand press against my forehead. 

"Or maybe she has morning sickness?" I heard exclamations go full circle before I decided to stop my friends from continuing on their stupid assumptions. 

"Its not morning sickness you bozos. Its 5:30 in the afternoon" I grumbled, lifting my arm and huffing as I looked up at my friends. 

"Well than why are you so glum sweetie? You're usually the more chiper of the five of us." Sissy asked with concern, her hand coming to rest on my knee and rubbing it comfortingly. 

a course of "yes's" went around the small circle, letting me know that the rest of my friends also felt the same. 

I bit my lip contemplating telling them when I finally decided I needed to talk about it and hopefully they would be able to help me get out of the fairly large hole I had dug myself into. "I nearly got caught in a comprising position with Sam in my office." I blurted out. 

All of their mouths dropped open, before they all shared a look. Suddenly my living room was filled with the sounds of my friends laughing at me. 

I scowled darkly at them as I crossed my arms over my chest. "This isn't funny girls! Bill nearly walked in on me and Sam doing it on my office table." Another round of laughter filled my house. 

"That's hardly something to be grumpy about." Melanie giggled. "I mean you were kind of asking to get caught if you were doing the naughty on your office desk in the middle of the day" She added, looking to everyone else for agreement.

"That's not the part that's making me angry" I glared, just thinking about having dinner with that prick was making me angry enough to scream in frustration. But I dutifully held back my mental break down and continued to grumble as I stared up at my friends.

"Okay then, what's got your feathers frazzeled?" Sissy asked, leaning in eagerly for some juicy gossip.

"You're fiance's best friend is black mailing me into having dinner with him tonight" I spat, grabbing a couch pillow and putting it over my face and screaming into it to let out some pent up frustration.