Chapter 18

Stepping out of her front door the next morning, she found Jasper waiting outside to drive her to school. She hadn't expected him, but after they had kissed the night before, she probably should have.

"Good morning, Ellie," Jasper smiled as she got into his car.

Ellie couldn't help the smile that found her lips, "Good morning, Jasper. I hope Emmett didn't give you too much flack after I left last night."

"Emmett's relentless. He was still reeling from it this morning," Jasper said, his tone exasperated. "Consider yourself warned."

"Oh joy," she rolled her eyes. "I can take care of him if he gets to be too much."

"It's strange hearing a human say that about a vampire," Jasper said, eyes twinkling. "Especially concerning one the size of Emmett."

"Sometimes I think we all forget that I can be a formidable force if necessary," Ellie laughed, eyes light. She enjoyed her time with Jasper.

Jasper could feel her happiness. It was permeating from her being in waves. It delighted him to know he was the cause of the smile on her face.

"You know, Edward's going to introduce Bella to the family tomorrow," he said, finding a parking spot near his siblings. "Can we expect you?"

Ellie studied him for a moment, "Is this you asking me to come, or is this you just wondering if I'm going to show up?"

"I would like for you to be there," he said, connecting their eyes. "But I'll accept it if you have other plans."

"I'll be there then," she said, a smile playing on her pink lips.

Jasper felt the corners of his lips tug up, "I can pick you up, or you can just pop over. I'm going hunting before she arrives just in case. So I'll be a little later on the introductions."

"I'll just pop over then," she said, admiring the topaz of his eyes. "Save myself the trouble of pleasantries since Bella already knows me, and we've definitely already discussed the issues I had with her knowing the secret."

"When did you do that?" he asked, curious of her actions.

"A couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to put a little fear into her concerning what would happen if she let word get out," Ellie shrugged. "It was innocent."

Jasper nodded. He couldn't blame her. She was intent on keeping his family safe. "We should probably go in before we give Emmett any ideas on what's taking so long."

Ellie smirked, a mischievous idea coming to mind, "Or we could give him something to talk about..."

Jasper raised a brow, a small smirk coming to rest on his lips before he leaned over the console and closed the gap between them. His lips fit perfectly with hers as if they were two puzzle pieces made for each other, and he swore if his heart was beating, it would be racing in a similar fashion to hers.

Ellie lifted her hands and fit them into his soft, honey curls, loving the feeling of his cold lips meshing with her warm lips. He was incredibly gentle with her, and yet undeniably passionate. Unfortunately, she eventually had to pull away to breathe.

He planted small, soft kisses along her jaw as she caught her breath before placing one final kiss on her lips.

"I don't even want to go to class now," she breathed, placing a small kiss on his lips. "I'd be alright just staying here with you."

While Jasper thought that would be a fantastic idea, he shook his head no, placed another small kiss on her lips and got out of the car. "You have to graduate."