Dating the Son of Zeus *26*

"Are you sure there isn’t anything else I can do for you?” asked Mr. Marlow from the other end of the phone.

“No, thank you. We are just going to head back in the morning, but I just wanted to let you know and to thank you for everything you had done for us while we were here,” I said as I stood in front of the large windows in the living room.

“It was truly my pleasure. It had been so long since I had seen the gods that I’d forgotten how enjoyable it was to have them around,” he said with what I almost believed to be a chuckle in his voice.

“Well thank you again. The next time we are here we’ll look you up again,” I said.

“I would very much like that.”

“Goodbye Mr. Marlow.”

“Goodbye.”

Hanging up the phone I turned back towards the living room. Perseus and Leonidas are lounging about the living room watching some TV. I don’t much care for what they are watching; I’m too worried about Sophia. I know that Penelope is with her, and I know that it is only for one night, but I just can’t help it. I don’t like not being there in case something does happen.

“Sit down Hercules, you’re beginning to wear a rut into the floor,” Leonidas said.

“Yeah, just enjoy a night alone,” Perseus said not taking his eyes from the TV.

“I don’t really want to be alone tonight,” I admitted.

“Well it will do you some good. Like Sophia said, you guys will have eternity to be together. Just relax and enjoy a night without her, it isn’t a crime,” said Leonidas.

Sitting down onto the couch beside him I nodded. “I suppose you’re right.” Taking a deep breath I began to let myself be sucked into the actors on the screen. It wasn’t so bad. Sophia never left my mind, she was always there and I was constantly worried, but I was able to put it on the back burner. I felt even better after she called to just check in. She missed me just as much as I was missing her and it felt nice to know. When she called I practically jumped out of my skin to answer it. I couldn't answer fast enough and make sure she was alright. Once I knew she was relief flowed through me and I was able to relax.

“Well, I just wanted to check in and talk to you for a minute before I went to bed,” Sophia said from the other end of the phone.

I smiled to myself. “You miss me.” I didn’t pose it as a question because I wasn’t asking, it was easy to see. She put on a big act when I dropped her off and now she couldn’t even go a night without talking to me.

“Always,” she replied quietly.

“So Miss I’m-such-a-tough-girl couldn’t stand being away from me for a night could you?” I taunted at her.

“No I couldn’t, happy now?” she asked.

“Yup,” I said with a large grin on my face. “But I will let you get to bed. I still plan on being there bright and early to get you.”

“Yeah I know. I’ll see you tomorrow,” she said.

“Bye.”

And with that I hung up. I felt immensely better. Walking back into the living room both Perseus and Leonidas gave me looks. “What?” I asked.

“Just couldn’t leave it alone could you?” asked Perseus.

“Excuse you, but she called me,” I said as I took my seat back on the couch.

“And was everything alright?” Leonidas asked.

“Yeah.”

“Good, now let’s just spend a night doing absolutely nothing before the extremely busy one we have tomorrow,” Perseus said as he clicked through the channels.