Dating the Son of Zeus *21*

SOPHIA’S POV

Turning away from the front door I walked up the stairs to my room. Opening the door I went and collapsed onto my bed, closing my eyes. Millions of questions buzzed through my mind, and they wouldn’t go away.

What did Hercules mean when he said he had come to meet me?

Why was he so reluctant to answer my question?

When did he have to go back?

Heaving a deep sigh I rolled over and before long, my over worked mind let me have some sleep. I was immediately sucked into a dream, but I welcomed it. The first sight that I was met with was the fountain. It truly was beautiful. The intricate designs along the base of it, the way in shined in the brilliant sun, how hypnotizing it was to watch the water shoot from it. I broke my gaze and started to look around, attempting to find Hercules. I knew he was here somewhere.

Finally I spotted him; he was walking through the garden. He was wearing the same white robes that he always was.  His back was to me, but even from here I could see his muscles move with his every movement.

“Hercules!” I shouted. I watched as he turned to face me. His dark hair bouncing as his head turned, his luminous gray eyes locking on to my own. A smile formed on his handsome face and I wasted no time in running over to him. As soon as I saw him I leapt into his arms, burying my face into his chiseled chest. “Just couldn’t stay away could you?” I joked.

“You know me too well,” he said.

Looking up at him, I couldn’t help but smile at him. He was flawless, in everyway. It was almost unfair how good looking he was, I had no idea how I had become so lucky.

“Let’s take a walk,” he said. I only nodded in response, putting my hand in his.

“So tonight was a lot of fun,” I said, smiling at just the memory of the huge pizza fight they had all had. I swear it was so hard sometimes to remember that they were gods when they acted like normal teenagers.

“Yeah,” he answered simply. He was being rather short with his answers tonight. I figured he was just busy thinking about things.

”When Perseus got Penelope, that was classic!” I said.

“When Perseus got Penelope how?” he asked.

I stopped to stare at him. “Tonight, at the apartment, with the food fight?” I said slowly.

“Oh right, right,” he said quickly.

“Are you alright?” I asked worried.

“I’m fine,” he said.

I turned him to face me and wasted no time in standing on my toes and planting a kiss on his perfect lips. He kissed me back and everything was fine for a moment. Then his kisses became rough, needy, and they hurt. His hands wrapped around my upper arms and held me in place. I pushed back against him.

“Hercules, stop you’re hurting me,” I said against his lips. He continued to kiss me, grabbing my arms tighter. “HERCULES! STOP!” I yelled. Finally he let me go.

I backed away from him, taking in his lust filled eyes. Something wasn’t right here. He was being short with me, he apparently had no memory of tonight, and he hurt me. He would never hurt me, I knew that. I began to get worried. What was going on? I made him face me, so I could look into his eyes. We stood there, staring at each other for a few minutes, our eyes locked. His eyes looked the same as they always did. They were his bright gray ones; they shined the exact same way. I began to give up, to think that I was making a big deal out of nothing, when I saw it.  It was almost unnoticeable but I caught it. In Hercules’ illuminating gray eyes, there was a hint of emerald green that was never there before. And as I watched, the beautiful gray of his eyes was slowly taken over by the green, until finally that was all that remained. I would know those eyes anywhere, just like I would know Hercules’. This wasn’t Hercules, this was Hector.