Dating the Son of Zeus *20*

“I don’t know about you guys, but I am so tired,” Perseus said as he flopped into his seat for Mythology class.

“Yeah I am quite exhausted as well,” Penelope said.

I was also tired, but I didn’t bother joining in on their conversation. I was too busy waiting for Sophia to show up. I hadn’t been able to get her off of my mind, which wasn’t anything new. I hated being away from her though, I was worried that she might use the time to realize how crazy everything is and decide she didn’t want anything to do with me.

My fears were erased, however, when I watched her stride into the room and flash me a beautiful smile. I couldn’t hold back my own smile as she walked over and took a seat beside me.

“Hello,” I said.

“Hey,” she said back.

“How has your day gone?” I asked tentatively. I couldn’t help but be ready for her to admit that this was all too much for her.

Turning to look at me I met her sapphire eyes as she said, “It has been…” she watched as Hector entered the classroom. He gave a pointed look at Sophia before throwing me his usual smirk. “eventful,” Sophia finished, taking her eyes away from Hector and looking at me again.

I could feel that there was a hidden meaning behind her words, and a sinking feeling in my gut told me that it was linked directly to Hector. I was about to question her further when the teacher bounced happily into the room.

“Ok class today we are going to be talking about one of the most popular gods that there is. I’ll give you a hint as to who it might be. He is known for his strength, he completed the famous 12 Labors, and Disney made an awful movie about him. Any guesses?” The teacher asked with a smile as she scanned the class.

“Hercules,” Sophia said as she stared right at me.

“Right! Today we will be talking about Hercules,” she said as she walked over to the board.

“Sounds like this should be a very entertaining lesson,” Penelope said.

I could only just roll my eyes. I was about to sit there and listen to the teacher prattle on about myself, probably getting a million facts completely wrong, all the while feeling completely embarrassed. This was going to be an extremely long class. I could only put my head down and attempt to zone everything out.

“That wasn’t too bad,” Leonidas said as we made our way to the car after school.

“Speak for your self,” I muttered rolling my eyes.

“I found it to be extremely informational,” Sophia joked as she leaned into me.

“I’m sure you did,” I said with a smile.

“Ok so plans for dinner tonight?” Perseus asked.

“What is with your stomach?! It is always hungry!” Penelope said throwing and exasperated look at him.

“Hey I can’t help it!” Perseus defended.  A moment of silence went by before he said, “So about dinner…” I couldn’t hold back my laughter.

“How about we make pizza?” Sophia suggested.

“Don’t you mean ‘order’ pizza?” Leonidas asked.

“No I meant make. We could pick up one of those homemade pizza kits. It’d be a lot of fun,” she said, shrugging her shoulders.

“I’m up for it,” Perseus said.

“It would be nice to actually be able to cook something,” Penelope said.

Sophia turned to look at me, waiting for my opinion. “Point us towards the store,” I said.